Want to second shoot a wedding?

Yeah Runnah I usually do. :) Especially if its an out door wedding.

" If you have no experience in weddings then why would you expect them to pay you?"

Because they are still using the images shot to produce something for the client. It isn't 'come shoot what you want and don't give us anything'.

Your still on about this? Seriously? If you dont like the deal don't do it. I dont need a dissertation on photography ethics unless you are offering a better deal. Why are you so concerned with offers that dont concern you?

Manny212 has asked to shoot with us friday. As long as he isnt put off by our apparent attempt at exploitation, he will be filling the spot.

And, Just to dissolve any feelings of impropriety concerning this offer, (since there obviously is some) i put it out here, in writing, that we will NOT be using ANY of mannys pictures.

I hope this eases the conscious of any and all TPF members concerned for mannys rights.

I think Jason and Mrs. Medic are doing a great thing here and I wish I was able to partake of such generosity.

The haters can get stuffed.

We are not looking for a second/third shooter for this event or need one. It is a relatively small wedding easily covered by one Person,but the advantage of being a husband wife team is having a built in second shooter. Adding an unseasoned third shooter makes for extra work for both the primary shooter and the second shooter answering questions directing where you want them on and on. I did not offer a third shooter nor do we need one as previously stated which is why we are not paying one. As also previously stated we are offering this to help some one out who would like to get into second shooting. I started out second shooting and it is hard to find photographers willing to take on a second shooter these days much less let them use what they take in their portfolio. We wanted to give some one in the area that wants to experience what being a second shooter is like, an opportunity to try it with out the pressure or or jumping hoops. We are always trying to find ways of paying it forward and this is one so read nothing it to it other than that.

Congrats Manny I'm sure you will a handful of TPF members shooting vicariously through you Friday:lol: lol

We are not looking for a second/third shooter for this event or need one. It is a relatively small wedding easily covered by one Person,but the advantage of being a husband wife team is having a built in second shooter. Adding an unseasoned third shooter makes for extra work for both the primary shooter and the second shooter answering questions directing where you want them on and on. I did not offer a third shooter nor do we need one as previously stated which is why we are not paying one. As also previously stated we are offering this to help some one out who would like to get into second shooting. I started out second shooting and it is hard to find photographers willing to take on a second shooter these days much less let them use what they take in their portfolio. We wanted to give some one in the area that wants to experience what being a second shooter is like, an opportunity to try it with out the pressure or or jumping hoops. We are always trying to find ways of paying it forward and this is one so read nothing it to it other than that.

Mrs. Medic?

If I were in Florida I'd totally take you up on it. I wouldn't mind the experience of second shooting. I don't think I'd ever really want to do weddings but I'd love it for the experience at least. Funny enough, the hubs and I were married July 25th, 2009 in Ft Myers :)

me and the wife were also married in Fort Myers September 11, 1999

Great offer. Maybe even better than your generous donations of camera gear. The world could use more folks like you and the Mrs!

After all the heated debates, arguments, differences of opinions etc., I have finally found someone worthy of the ignore button.

Most reactions

Back