Want to second shoot a wedding?

I must have missed the part about what the pay is.

Keep reading. Its in there. :-D

Is it written in invisible ink? All I see is 'work for us for free'.

Really? I think you have misconstrued the point of our offer. We dont "need" any additional shooters. We have two already. We aren't asking anyone to work for us. We are offering someone a chance to experience shooting a wedding and help build their portfolio without the pressure of trying to do it on their own.

We have seen many many people post here lamenting the fact that they want to get into wedding photography, but cannot find any way to get any experience, or get any photographers to let them shoot with them. We are simply offering to help someone get that experience.

Would we still use their photos if they take good ones we didnt get ourselves? Of course. Would we credit them with the photo? Of course. I shouldn't be surprised that someone here would think our motives are based on exploitation.

Did Mr. Miyagi pay Danial-San to paint his fence or wax his cars?

I'd do it just to be near the 'stache...

Pixmedic, I'm in Miami, but have a place on on Marco Island would love to do this. I gave to clear with wife first.

If offer is still on table can I get back to you in a bit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

This is an internship type position. These people already have two shooters, their simply offering some lucky individual an opportunity to pick up some experience shooting weddings. Heck, their even offering up gear usage as well as photos for your portfolio. This is above and beyond nice in my opinion and urge anyone in the area who is entertaining the idea of wedding photography, to take them up on their offer.

I can vouch for having a hard time being a second shooter. Been turned down a few times because I didn't have a full frame camera. been told by one company they didnt feel they could teach me anything. even drove 2 hours away to cincy to inteview with one of the better wedding studios there and was told I was great and had more experience then most they had interview then got turned down because they said they havnt had anyone work out who lived far away like me.

Ok, ok. Maybe next time he can charge for the experience. That would be a nice stream. $100 to use our equipment and be a wedding shooter for a day! :)

Great offer pixmedic. I live in Okeechobee and if I wasn't working this weekend I would be there. Great opportunity for someone.

Most wedding photographers, including myself, started out by taking generous offers such as this with no pay. If you have no experience in weddings then why would you expect them to pay you? Whomever takes this opportunity will be asking questions all day long, and learning a great of information. It would be extremely hard for me as a primary shooter to bring along a third shooter, because it would break up the work flow that my second shooter and I have taken years to build. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to get a leg in the industry, because most primaries won't take seconds w/o experience.

Pixmedic, if this was on a Saturday Id be flying down from Toronto.. (cheap flights through work). Ive been doing a few 2nd this year and its a great learning curve. Having the opportunity to capture actual wedding is an amazing opportunity for a beginner to develope a portfolio and experience, even if it is for FREE. I did and I don't regret my time investment.

... can you move it to sat?? :)

Jason, that is an awesome opportunity you have there.

Well, it would be awesome if someone that's actually interested is local enough to take us up on it. Not too many forum people down here though. Still, my wife learned by second shooting, and we feel it is the best way to learn wedding photography. Someone can get in on a great learning experience and get a good start on their wedding/portrait portfolio.

Plus, it's a great way to give something back to the forum community.

You are incorrect, it is still awesome regardless if anyone takes you up on it. It is their loss that they can't see the value in what you are offering. I would be very interested if I lived anywhere in the state of Florida.

" If you have no experience in weddings then why would you expect them to pay you?"

Because they are still using the images shot to produce something for the client. It isn't 'come shoot what you want and don't give us anything'.

Most reactions

Back