Wants some critiques!

brookiepictures

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know most of you don't like the one color thing but I like it for this picture! Any other critiques. I took both of these obviously at different times but they are both playing sports....

Thanks!

Attachments

• $small1-2.jpg
    $small1-2.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 96
  • $small1-3.jpg
    $small1-3.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 89
I know most of you don't like the one color thing but I like it for this picture! Any other critiques. I took both of these obviously at different times but they are both playing sports....

Thanks!

People get bent out of shape about selective color and the general consensus is that selective color is bad. I don't think it's bad. But it's not easy to make selective color work with people. The reason being, you made his jersey purple, so with the purple jersey and the blown out gym lights, everything gets attention except the subject, who has little light on his face. Shooting up someones nose is generally not a good idea either. Sometimes you can help it, being that the subject maybe much taller than you, so the only way to fix that is to back up 20 ft from them and zoom in.

The second shot, has nothing really going for it except wb.

selectively coloring the jersey might have worked better if the whole jersey was in the frame. as-is, theres very little jersey there to even color. i dont personally think it works very well for that photo.
shooting up his nose is another issue, separate from your question on the coloring.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back