War Memorial Cemetary

wobe

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Started looking at LR masking and thought this photo was a good candidate.

American Cemetary in Manila - Olympus M-1

Cemetary 2 (1 of 1).jpg

The new LR masking capabilities are pretty awesome. This is a good one for a sky select mask for generalized adjustment to the sky. Duplicate it and invert it for generalized foreground. You might be able to pull a luminosity mask on the tombstones (with a little brush work to add/subtract). A color range mask will work on things like grass (again sometimes it requires a brush to refine). Then there's the brush mask that get down to the nitty gritty for things like dodging and burning. Finally the radial and linear gradients are great for localized adjustments.

LR masking has saved me time in processing before going into PS, but it's still not a replacement for PS

The new LR masking capabilities are pretty awesome. This is a good one for a sky select mask for generalized adjustment to the sky. Duplicate it and invert it for generalized foreground. You might be able to pull a luminosity mask on the tombstones (with a little brush work to add/subtract). A color range mask will work on things like grass (again sometimes it requires a brush to refine). Then there's the brush mask that get down to the nitty gritty for things like dodging and burning. Finally the radial and linear gradients are great for localized adjustments.

LR masking has saved me time in processing before going into PS, but it's still not a replacement for PS
Thanks for the advice !

Have not been much of a post editor in the past - just contrast and such usually but interesting to play around with. Will take your list of adjustments one step at a time!

Much appreciated.

. Will take your list of adjustments one step at a time!
That's the best way to learn. The built in AI in masks is greatly improved allowing selections rivaling those made by hand in PS

Most reactions

Back