Washington DC, Postcard Photos (WARNING, 17 Images!)

flea77

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.allanhallphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently had a chance to visit DC for the first time and decided to spend two of the three days behind the camera to see what I could come up with. My primary goal was to see if I could get the "postcard" images. You know the ones, not the typical tourist images but the ones that the typical tourist spends $20 on the book to get after snapping 500 images on their trip and realizes all the ones they took were garbage. This requires a lot of things, some imagination, getting up really early, going to bed really late, being all alone in a strange town in the middle of the night trying not to get caught with a tripod somewhere where it should not be, etc etc. My secondary goal was to catch the other side of DC, the side no tourist even thinks of shooting, those you can see here http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...erspective-warning-13-images.html#post2317534.

Anyway, here are the rough edits of the postcard images. Mainly I wanted you to enjoy and see what I came up with. If you want to C&C you are more than welcome.

1) Capital at dawn in front of the reflecting pool....
D7K_2937.jpg

2) Capital close up...
D7K_3046.jpg

3) The Supreme Court...
D7K_3206.jpg

4) The spiral staircase (one of two) inside the Supreme Court...
D7K_3212-Edit.jpg

5) The Lincoln Memorial at sunrise...
D7K_3098-Edit.jpg

6) Lincoln at night...
D7K_3081-Edit-2.jpg

7) Lincoln in early morning light...
D7K_3111.jpg

8) Lincoln Memorial, Washington Memorial and the Capitol all lined up at night...
D7K_3094.jpg

9) The White House...
D7K_3053-Edit.jpg

10) The Iwo Jima Memorial ...
D7K_3027.jpg

11) The Korean War Memorial... (almost no PP done, the red glow is done IN CAMERA!)
D7K_3091.jpg

12) Forget the name of this one, dang...
D7K_3040.jpg

13) JFK eternal flame...
D7K_3234-Edit.jpg

14) Arlington Cemetary #1...
D7K_3228.jpg

15) Arlington Cemetary #2...
D7K_3232.jpg

16) Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier #1...
D7K_3243.jpg

17) Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier #2...
D7K_3252-Edit.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the images and if you ever get the chance to go, do it, very cool place. Special thanks to David Luria of WashingtonPhotoSafari.com for taking a morning out of his schedule for my wife and I!

Allan

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back