Washington State Pics for C&C

Melesse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First time offering up for C&C. Color me nervous. I recently went to Washington State for a business trip, and got a night and a day to myself, so of course I took my camera with me. I ended up with three pictures I really liked, so here they are.

4555861021_c9897c5c6a_o.jpg

Sunset on Puget Sound. I spend an evening fighting sleep and watched the Sunset from Golden Gardens Park in Seattle. I know I don't like the arrangement of pilings in this one. I had some others where the pilings were more lined up, but then the mountains in the back weren't quite as nice. It was a pretty bleh sunset, so I punched it up some in PSP.

4555856363_02e59cfd68_o.jpg

A stream in Olympic National Park. One of the my goals this time had been to work on water blurring as an effect, so most of what I did involved either waterfalls, streams, or the ocean. I like the light on the stream a lot.

4555861045_37089b32c2_o.jpg

One night I had free I wandered into Seattle to check out Pike's Place Market and the waterfront. There was a weird, weird blue lit .... thing. Dunno what it is, but it was cool against the sunset. This one has not been shopped with the exception of resizing to a more web-friendly size.

So. I've been taking pictures for almost a year, and I don't have many I like. Out of the four hundred or so I took, I like these best. There's a couple other with moderate potential I guess. I would appreciate any C&C anyone has. I'll take silence for applomb and praise.

Mel

Last edited:
i like number 1 the best

I really like 1 and 2, I dont see enough of the blue in #3 to keep me interested, too dark for me.

Strangely, the first thing that drew my attention in number 1 was the circular shape in the clouds. Did a plane hang a U-Turn or something?

1 is very pretty. I dont find anything displeasing about the arrangement of the pilings.

I've always wanted to go to Washington state! :)

1+2 are really nice imo

Thanks for the thoughts.

In #1, I was a couple miles north of the airport, so it's likely that it's contrails. I was just happy to have SOMETHING in the sky for some reflection and contrast lol. It's the middle piling where like three overlap that I don't like. If they were either separate, or all lined up and looking like one I would mind less I think.

There's nothing really offensive about #2, but there's nothing really stellar about it. I do like it though.

#3 could stand a little work in PSP. You're right, vtf, the blue is very faint. I could probably do something about that. I like the milder colors in the background, so I would selectively change the blue on the construct.

I only had a little time, but that's the best part of my job. I'm spending three weeks in Colorado Springs in May with two full weekends off. I can't even describe how excited I am.

Mel

like the water blurring affect i'm gonna to have to try that sometime

I like #2. The contrast of the white water blur against the green background is great.

Most reactions

Back