Wasp on Glass

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Found a couple bugs today to practice DOF and focus on, the other two unfortunately were too low to the ground and met a quick end when Angus the Destroyer (teenager kitty) came along so that left me the wasp at the top of the window... Angus hasn't figured out how to get that high... yet ... lol.

This is the shot that I'm happiest with. He was on the window so was lit underneath by sunlight and I also used onboard flash. I'm having a hard time finding stuff I don't like... maybe a smidge sharp.. or might be the flash being harsh. Pretty happy with the focus and dof :)

Shot settings:
F10
1/250
ISO250

IMG_8165 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Thanks for taking a look!

very cool but the placement of the thick black line in the background is unfortunate

Hey Quad, thanks for taking a look.
I have a couple others below w/o the black line but I wasn't as happy with the wings in these ones... maybe I shouldn't be allowed to pick the shots to post lol

IMG_8144 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

IMG_8143 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

I love the first one, and for some reason the black line seems to add to the photo, not take it away (not sure why I feel that, just do). Otherwise the third one is my 2nd favourite.
My only question is, what was the wasp thinking seeing him(her)self in the reflection? Maybe a Lightspeed thought? - "Damn I'm hot!!", or more than likely, "who the hell are you, and what are you doing under me?"

Thanks TK, I chose the first one first because it seemed to "anchor" him and gave a dark BG for the wings to contrast with a bit, they look better against the black to me.

These are nice, especially the first one. :thumbup: For the wasp's thoughts, my version is, "Ahh, mirror mirror on the wall, I'm surely the most handsome of them all"

Lol thanks :) I like the middle leg up in the first one ... Checking from all angles? Lol

I think it's your best insect photo so far! You got more level with the insect this time! I agree the first one is the best.

Thanks Angel :)
SOOC I went dayum... Bar has been raised!

Very nice.
Tough to pick a favorite looking at them on my phone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back