Wat do you think of these macros?

I think if you center the flower in number 1 in a square frame and make the ladybug land on an intersecting line, it would be a pretty great shot. Perhaps with number 2 as well.
Sounds like a great idea. You want to try it out and post it here? I'd love to see the results.

What did you use to capture these?
Canon T1i, with a 100mm 2.8 USM Canon macro lens and a Kenko extension tube set and of course, a tripod.
Number 3 was taken at 1/60th second, f11, 100 ISO. Camera with mirror in lock-up position, lens with IS off and wireless shutter control.

Tight,

Which photos were take with extension tubes, where these tubes attached to a macro lens?

Hey Annerotica,

1 and 2 just with the macro lens, and 3 (therefore also 4 as it is just a tight crop of 3) with the extension tubes and then the macro lens.

3 AND 4 are the best here. pretty decent focus.

You can pencil me in for #2.
I like the blur effect with the beetle and center of the flower sharp as a tack.
I'm also found of the background.
I think it's the best.

The flower looks similar to Salsify.
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reply. I looked up the salsify flower on google image search, and well, there are over 140 types. I looked through alot of the pictures, but can't find one that has the same center stamen shape at all. Maybe I am missing something. Do you have an image I could look at?

The flower looks similar to Salsify.
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reply. I looked up the salsify flower on google image search, and well, there are over 140 types. I looked through alot of the pictures, but can't find one that has the same center stamen shape at all. Maybe I am missing something. Do you have an image I could look at?

I said similar, not that it is Salsify. As you discovered, there are many different ones. Here is a pic of a wild one here that developed a seed head.

P1030412sm.jpg

Edit: found a shot of one in bloom.

P1070049sm.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back