Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lensphotoworld.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Here are a few macros of the same flower type taken at the same time of day in different stages of macro. Using a 100mm 2.8 USM Canon macro lens and ending with a Kenko extension tube set for C&C.
The ladybug is cute and gives a scale of reference.
Anyone know what type of flower this is?

Just to let you know, I had number 4 printed up as a 31.5cm x 31.5cm print, and it is absolutely gorgeous and sharp.

Macro-ladybugonyellowflower-1.jpg

Macro-ladybugonyellowflower-2.jpg

Macro-Yellowflower-1.jpg

Macro-Yellowflower-stamen-1.jpg

Looking forward to hearing from you

Last edited:
#3 is my favorite too! I like the geometric shapes in it and how it's framed/cropped.

I like #3 the best of the set but #4 is cool too!
Thanks. I agree with number 3 being the nicest, however I printed up number 4 to see how sharp it would look on paper in big, plus I was my first really "cool" macro.
Last piece of info, number 4 is just a severe crop of number 3.

I am a fan of #1. The colors pop out towards you as you look at it. i most like the contrast between the flower w/ladybug and the somewhat bleak background.

I also really like #3. It is really sharp and I love how symmetrical it is.

I am a fan of #1. The colors pop out towards you as you look at it. i most like the contrast between the flower w/ladybug and the somewhat bleak background.

Thanks Muhammad, I see exactly what you mean. I guess this is the story of not seeing the trees for the forest. Or, is that not seeing the forest for the trees?

#3 is an excellent shot. Way to work the subject. An excellent example of how just changing focal length/crop can make a drastic difference.

I think if you center the flower in number 1 in a square frame and make the ladybug land on an intersecting line, it would be a pretty great shot. Perhaps with number 2 as well.

I love the shapes in #3 and #4 is pretty nice too.

Tight,

Which photos were take with extension tubes, where these tubes attached to a macro lens?

Most reactions

Back