Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Done a bazillion times, but my first attempt.......Mike
3D8V9973MikesBest.jpg

3D8V9950.jpg

3D8V9939MikesBest.jpg

Last edited:
Not too bad for your first attempt. Were you trying to time the drops yourself and snap the pic or were you using an automatic burst? The auto burst is about the easiest way, I've found, to get result that are usable. If nothing else it's quicker.

Not bad at all. I like the second one best. When you do it next time try and get lower. I've had a lot of fun shooting water drops, it gets quite addictive.:thumbsup:

Will be trying this again soon, it was fun.....Mike

How did you take the pics? I'd be interested in trying. I'm a noob, not only that but I'm a poor noob. I have very basic equipment. Any help is greatly appreciated

Did you photoshop in the colour?
Some of it looks choppy.

That was the real deal. Hung a water bottle from the ceiling, put a pin-hole in bottom, adjusted cap for drip rate. Water landed in a black painters roller tray, had a piece of red construction paper in back. Bounced 580EX off it on 1/8 power manual. 24-70 L was set on F11.0 with the Eos Mark III on the new Induro 414CT with ballhead, used the remote cable, and played bombardier.......easy peazy lemon squezy

Last edited:
^^^That pretty much explains how to get these shots. Thanks. Dumb questions, but ow would you say the pics would look without the 580Ex?

^^^That pretty much explains how to get these shots. Thanks. Dumb questions, but ow would you say the pics would look without the 580Ex?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2745/4230917309_c0ba9cbf68_b.jpg

Here is one I did with my on camera flash, the background color was silver though (Did it in my sink) and I changed the white balance to get the blue color. I think you might be able to use a piece of construction paper and try and bounce the on camera flash off of it but it will be tough.

I was going to set up my studio flash next time and try some other options. Got more power, for more depth of field. And I really want to try it with milk.......Mike

OMG Ive trying to do that but Ive been lacy do the setup I'm going to try it soon.

Can you get these shots handheld? I don't have a tripod yet.

I also saw a link off of youtube that a few have posted, he uses a wireless flash, I don't have that either. My shots came out to be a fail :(

Most reactions

Back