Water Drops Part 2

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just finished editing the rest of the water drops from last night. Note to self, don't shoot them for as long! Way too many similar shots to wade through. Next time as soon as I hit one shot I will move/change something up.
As I've seen other people say, timing is the hardest part.

This time I went for a metallic look and used some tin foil in the bowl, next time I'm looking forward to using different colours and playing with the height of the drop (this time it was just my kitchen tap).

Here are the best shots.
C&C always welcome and appreciated, thanks for taking a look!

Oops, one more.

Curious if this got posted at a bad time (start of the weekend) or if they aren't nearly as successful as I thought they were?
I shall ponder that with a little bump and coffee ;)

Aren't they fun? I still remember when I did those, droplets and more droplets, in early 2008, it was like having caught a virus.
I like the fourth photo here very much!
The "metallic look" makes them very busy, though, too. And where did your light come from? Behind?

Hey Corinna, wayyyy too much fun!
These are hand held with on board flash so flashing from the front.

Back then, I took mine with ... the extra flash, but I flashed directly, if I remember right, and I had the lens on "macro", therefore DOF was very thin, and it was hard to focus. On one day, my eyes worked fine, the next day they wouldn't (the right one which I use to focus) and I produced only just bloopers...

First I'm feeling like a bit of a newb here just sneaking up on a year behind the lens and doing these for the first time lol

These are the kind of shots I was curious about when I started the cliche/overdone shot thread. That this kind of shot might tend to be glanced at here and passed up for comment because it's been done to death.

I am lucky that it is my left eye that is damaged and I work with my right, it has to be so frustrating to work with your bad eye :(

I'm hoping to get a speed light or two in the near future, I can't wait to play with them, I'm probably going to drive the forum insane when I do get my hands on them lol (fair warning :p )

I think we all have to also go through the "overdone and cliché shot" stage in our personal development. Back then I felt urged to try the droplet photography bit after I had heard someone say "No one with a normal camera can take these kinds of photos, you need a high-speed camera for it", and I thought by myself that he must be wrong - too many people here on TPF had by then shown their droplet pics and not all of those could possibly have been owners of high speed cameras - which they weren't, as you CAN do these photos with a normal camera! As I found out then, and as you're showing here!

You mentioned that the metallic look is making them busy, I'm always partial to lots of details/busier shots, I wonder if my crops are hurting these? The first one in this thread just plain twirls my beanie and it is one of the simplest.... Hmmmmm

Pretty cool. I think you did a good job. I really like #4!

Lol ok that's funny because I had read tutorials online for these and almost all of them said off camera flash. I sat on trying them for a while because of that. Finally I said to heck with it, I'm going to work with what I have and make it happen ;)

Beautiful !!
We have identical setups lol I do like the simplicity of yours, having looked closely at mine and seeing where what reflected I have some ideas on how to combine the two and get the detail I crave and the simplicity that might make it pop :) thanks for sharing the links!

Thanks Parker :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back