What's new

Water Drops: Take 2

Carman

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 16, 2008
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Location
London
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, after my first attempt I was thought I'd give this another go. This time instead of the 50mm prime, I used my 70-300mm Sigma lens in the macro mode. Unfortunately this lens is broken, so it will only shoot at full aperture, which I think is 5.6....as soon as you try to stop down it gives you error 99 on the camera :(. Nevertheless, it seemed to work for these shots,and I think they came out better than the first attempt. I used the same method again - dark room with a flash. The colours have been enhanced/altered in photoshop using saturation and hue to funk things up a bit. Also I sharpened some, and ran noiseware on all of them to remove some noise. Other than that, no changes apart from cropping.


1.
2324581969_0ae5aaaee0.jpg




2.
2325402136_2eb58028e1.jpg




3.
2324581681_3d238854a4.jpg




4.
2325401792_abf75f9f72.jpg




5.
2325401384_a7734f2573.jpg



I think 3 and 4 are my faves.

I got these printed in 8" x 6" and they look so much better than on the monitor :)

C&C welcome :)
 
Um, I think they're phenominal! Love the pp!
 
Looks good! The shutter speed is fast enough, the water looks really, uh, frozen! :) The colours look cool too.
 
How did you get those colors? Food coloring :confused:

Those are some awesome pictures that you have there... I'll defiantly try that once my D40 arrives.
 
what settings did you use? ive never done this and could like to try....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom