TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Extremely disappointed with these shots but whatever
4305090011_07bf7b193c.jpg

4305834204_e73fe7db08.jpg

Number one is pretty cool. Nice sharpness on that drop!:thumbup:

On a side note I always find it weird that people post pics that they're "extrememly dissapointed with." If you're so dissapointed why bring it to us? It reminds me of my sister posting pics of herself on myspace with quotes like, "I'm so fat" or "not my best hair" in order to garner happy critiques on her weight or hair.

Just my honest opinion though...

I think they turned out great! What was the whole set up? Or was it a run and gun thing?

And I see what indeedies is saying, I don't get that either...

On a side note I always find it weird that people post pics that they're "extrememly dissapointed with." If you're so dissapointed why bring it to us? It reminds me of my sister posting pics of herself on myspace with quotes like, "I'm so fat" or "not my best hair" in order to garner happy critiques on her weight or hair.

Because well, they were my first pictures of water drops and I was hoping for some advice on improving them haha.

I think they turned out great! What was the whole set up? Or was it a run and gun thing?

And I see what indeedies is saying, I don't get that either...

Totally a run and gun thing lol. My bathroom sink with the faucet open just a little tiny bit so a drop would fall every second or so and using aluminum foil as a backdrop and to cover the little metal thing at the bottom of the sink xD

Because well, they were my first pictures of water drops and I was hoping for some advice on improving them haha.

Definitely not trying to pick on you or anything. I just keep seeing that same thing time after time and just thought I'd throw my thoughts out there. If you want tips on improving it's best to just ask rather than beating around the bush.

Did you try different anlges? That height seems sort of high and while it works on the first one I wonder what a lower angle would have been like on the others though.

Definitely not trying to pick on you or anything. I just keep seeing that same thing time after time and just thought I'd throw my thoughts out there. If you want tips on improving it's best to just ask rather than beating around the bush.

Did you try different anlges? That height seems sort of high and while it works on the first one I wonder what a lower angle would have been like on the others though.

I wanted a lower angle actually, but the entire thing was really sketchy that was about the lowest angle I could get. That's actually one of the major reasons I was disappointed in the pictures haha.

WTH...:lmao::thumbup: Perhaps we do it to hopefully improve. Get some other eyes on the photos? When I post photos, I'm usually happy with them in general...which is why I don't post very many. No matter how perfect a photo may seem to you, it's interesting to see what other people think, not necessarily meaning the other people are right and you are wrong. Did that make sense? :confused:

I agree on the sharpness of the focus on the drop in #1! Excellent!

#1 seems like a nice focus on the drop and good bokah.

#2 doesn't do anything for me..seems to be out of focus...

Is using colored construction paper to bounce flash off of. This is with red sheet for background, and yellow overhead. I am just starting, so this is a humble noob idea. I'm sure the experts are laughing at my attempt to help out.......Mike
3D8V0232MikesBest.jpg

3D8V0352MikesBest.jpg

Most reactions

Back