Water drops

mr e

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ijphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So it was the first time I've ever even attempted to shoot water drops, but I shot about 650 photos and came out with about 70 or so that I thought were usable, and out of those this was one of my favorites.

So what do you think?

You can click it for a (slightly larger) version

Awesome shot. I really don't see anything about it I'd change. Can you give some details on the lens, lighting and shutter speed you used?

I agree nice capture but on my monitor the highlights on the back side look blown .

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the highlights are blown, unfortunate, but that's what I get for using the on camera flash (all I have, no expensive lighting or diffusing here ;))

I used a Rebel XT with a Sigma 28-90 (not a great lens, but it was the best zoom I had at the time)

Exif
90mm - 1/200sec. - f/11.0 - ISO400

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the highlights are blown, unfortunate, but that's what I get for using the on camera flash (all I have, no expensive lighting or diffusing here ;))

I used a Rebel XT with a Sigma 28-90 (not a great lens, but it was the best zoom I had at the time)

Exif
90mm - 1/200sec. - f/11.0 - ISO400[/quote

A good tip for on board flash difussing and i use it all the time to cut down glass glare on aquariums is to use tissue around your flash attach it with an elastic band. just remember to blow your camera before changing lens, tissue is terrible for lint.

A good tip for on board flash difussing and i use it all the time to cut down glass glare on aquariums is to use tissue around your flash attach it with an elastic band. just remember to blow your camera before changing lens, tissue is terrible for lint.

Actually come to think of it I think I did end up diffusing the light with a few tissues, might not have for that shot as it might've been before I figured it out, but a good tip none the less

Most reactions

New Topics

Back