water, rocks & long exposure

WOW Didn't expect this many replies!

I think this is beautiful :thumbsup:

If I had a complaint (which i don't)...it would be the frame. I'm normally for the black frame. But for some reason, this one seems a little overpowering? The photo seems so elegant, and the black almost steels that away. Maybe a clean white would give it a more regal feel? But then again...maybe not :mrgreen:

Even with all that said, I think this is my favourite of the series so far.

funny thing is I've been using white borders for the past 2 years and thought I'd have a change, but I think your right. Looking at this shot again this morning it does seem a bit over powering:er::lol:

yea this is a beaut!.... dude, i know you like shooting your planes and stuff... but do more landscape stuff!..... the last few series have been great :thumbup: :mrgreen:

To be honest, Landscapes is where I'm happiest. Used to do loads back in the days of my Bronica but they sucked so I stopped. But since joining TPF and seeing all the great shots here I just wanted to get back to it, kinda glad I did!

Very cool shot, LP! Is that fog settilng in or mist from the water?

Bill

Its the waves coming in and going out over the rocks at a slow shutter speed

Love that technique! I assume it was taken at night? Any info on how you did it would be appreciated.

It wasn't pitchblack but getting there

As for hanging it on the wall, not sure if I can as its such a small crop from the original.

Just wasn't happy with the original, its a bit lifeless, colour is very dull, far too many empty parts of the shot and I just can't stand the scaffolding around the tower

orig2.jpg

And thank you to everyone else for replying

yeah, i see what you mean about the crop and the shot, but the foreground sure is beautiful! :D

Wow. To have rocks look so smooth and soft!
Inspiring!
(You used a very interesting tripod, as we could see in your "Looks like I know what I'm doing"-thread!)

That shot is tremendous! What's the exposure data?- I need to know your secrets.
Amazing. What length shutter was this out of curiosity?
Love that technique! I assume it was taken at night? Any info on how you did it would be appreciated.

I've added the spec to the original shot but just in case you missed it...
15secs
F22
ISO100
40mm

Wow. To have rocks look so smooth and soft!
Inspiring!
(You used a very interesting tripod, as we could see in your "Looks like I know what I'm doing"-thread!)

its even more interesting when you find out its made from Basalt (volcanic rock)

and again thanks to everyone else for your comments

Fantastic image here. Love it!

Just STUNNING. Me thinks I need to follow you around next week and get some teaching.......

I agree about the black border but I think plain white would be too much aswell, I'd go for an off white maybe a light cream with a pin stripe of the same colour as the top of the back left rock............

Most reactions

New Topics

Back