water shot

mikie2084

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this while out 4wheeling with some Jeep buddies. C&c appreciated.

DSC_0656.jpg

I would have gotten more of the water then the woods because they seem to be distracting. Also the main focus is very center but it still works somehow because the slanted rocks guide you to the main focal point.

Nice job.

i like it! a little more off center and more water woulda been perfect. preferably a little more of a right alignment.

I love it! Were you standing in the water when you took that? I like the leaves, very "fall"

Nice shot, looks like you were wading in the water to get that shot.

I love the composition here. The image itself looks a tad bit soft. If you have photoshop, try this: Go into FILE>MODE and change the mode from RGB to LAB color. In channels, select the brightness channel and then go to FILTERS>UNSHARP MASK and set the sharpening up for very small amounts. Resharpen several times. By using small amounts of sharpening, you give your image a much more "refined" sharpening. Using the brightness channel will also help you avoid halos due to sharpening as well. When you're done, change it back to RGB. LAB is a much bigger gamut and because of this, you can go back and forth between LAB and RGB without any loss of information.

Additionally, I'd also punch up the color on this by slightly increasing the saturation.

Really nice shot though and I love the composition. Good job!

hi there, its a cool pic & a nice work if it is edited in photoshop or something like that the falling water is looking very nice but on the technical hand it is looking so blurished.

I wasnt standing in the water, I was in the middle of the creek standing on some rocks. The tripod was in about a foot of water though, but it was the only way to take the pic. Thanks for all the great comments!

It didnt look blurry at all at 100% on my monitor though.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back