WATER WORK

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
BAq8l72bRR26no%IaUUJJQ_thumb_9a8a_Fotor copy.jpg

Water Work ~ A training client, Deb, and her Labrador Retriever JACKSON, are seen during water work drills conducted recently. Though Deb does not hunt, she wanted JACKSON to have meaningful work as a field bred retriever. JACKSON is currently being trained as a gun dog prospect and as a K9 hunt test athlete. JACKSON currently has 3 of 4 qualifying scores needed to earn an AKC Junior Hunter title.

Deb is using a duck call to signal for a bird to be launched out onto the water for JACKSON to retrieve. JACKSON is being steadied on the line by Deb using a short training tab attached to his collar. JACK SON is being trained not to leave to make the retrieve until he is sent by Deb using his name as the release command. NOTE that JACKSON is completely focused visually out across the water as he scans the sky above it for a bird falling onto the water. As a bird hits the water, JACKSON will be delayed at random intervals, that process building bird drive and steadiness at the side of the handler until sent to make the retrieve by verbal command. Once sent, KACKSON. is expected to enter the water swim to the downed bird and bring it back to the handler making classic presentation to hand.

TTF JACKSON LAD O' CLOONFINISH is demonstrating grand potential as his competency continually increases in all aspects of field work. JACKSON has an upcoming AKC Licensed Hunt Test next week and we are hopeful that he will earn his AKC Junior Hunter title during that event.

I give Deb much credit in her diligent and dedicated work with JACKSON and it delights me to see them forming into a real team in their field work. JACKSON is currently 10 months old.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️

Most reactions

Back