Waterfall

I really like how surreal this capture is, I've always wanted to try one of these waterfall shots. Too bad we don't have any waterfalls anywhere close to me.

Thanks for the comments guys.....
If you don't mind me asking was this An HDR, or were you just using several layers in photoshop?
No I don't mind you asking.....:mrgreen:. Actually it's neither, just the one shot
Greetings,

I'm obviously the odd guy out here.

I don't understand how or why this is considered a "good" shot?

The "water" does have an ethereal quality to it but it seems to me to be out of place with the rest of the image.

Perhaps it's simply because it pushes "reality"??? Or it's a good camera "trick"???

Truly curious, Don.
Sorry it doesn't appeal to you Don, I don't understand why it pushes reality because in reality (given a little processing) this is what came out of my camera. As I said in my original post, the water was running faster than normal because of all the melting snow....Add to that having the shutter open for 1 second will give this blurry water effect. I know some like it and some don't (bit like Marmite ;)). Maybe you should play around with your camera settings nothing is impossible with a little creativity.
Thanks again for all the comments.
Ken.

it works nicely to frame the image -pfc

First outing of 08 for me, a local waterfall which was flowing quicker than normal due to the melting snow...

_MG_4781%20copy.jpg

TFL.
Ken.

Sorry it doesn't appeal to you Don

Oh, not true, it’s a striking image.

I don't understand why it pushes reality because in reality (given a little processing) this is what came out of my camera.

It’s the “little” processing that originally threw me. Let’s call it a temporary case of tunnel vision.

I know some like it and some don't (bit like Marmite ;)).

LOL, I had to google that, haven’t seen that product here on the prairies….

Cheers, Don.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back