Waterfalls C&C

IronMaskDuval

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Still working on my landscape composition. I went waterfall hunting today, and I found one. I didn't have my tripod with me, so no super silky water. C&C appreciated.
wfsm.jpg
wfsm2.jpg

Last edited:
i like the second one. First one is tough, the leaves are starting to come out and blocking the waterfall. still isn't bad, just kind of hides the waterfall. Maybe on the first if you concentrate on the bottom or top you might be better off and avoid the trees.

second would be a great fall pic with the changing leaves. Having little color and that walking bridge and kind of between seasons, i would have been real tempted to go bw on that and shoot for the shadows. The walking bridge and rock would probably be amplified in bw, if you wanted to try and see how it looks.
As it is though its still very pretty.

honestly i tend to shoot a lot of certain shots in the winter. once the leaves comes out it really makes it difficult to get a good vantage point as they cover a lot of your frame and intended subject. For what you were looking at i think you did very well though.

i remember you said you were thinking of this, been waiting. Nice job. ;)
jmo

i like the second one. First one is tough, the leaves are starting to come out and blocking the waterfall. still isn't bad, just kind of hides the waterfall. Maybe on the first if you concentrate on the bottom or top you might be better off and avoid the trees. second would be a great fall pic with the changing leaves. Having little color and that walking bridge and kind of between seasons, i would have been real tempted to go bw on that and shoot for the shadows. The walking bridge and rock would probably be amplified in bw, if you wanted to try and see how it looks. As it is though its still very pretty. honestly i tend to shoot a lot of certain shots in the winter. once the leaves comes out it really makes it difficult to get a good vantage point as they cover a lot of your frame and intended subject. For what you were looking at i think you did very well though. i remember you said you were thinking of this, been waiting. Nice job. ;) jmo

Thanks beebs. I suck at this landscape thing. That is life I guess

i like the second one. First one is tough, the leaves are starting to come out and blocking the waterfall. still isn't bad, just kind of hides the waterfall. Maybe on the first if you concentrate on the bottom or top you might be better off and avoid the trees. second would be a great fall pic with the changing leaves. Having little color and that walking bridge and kind of between seasons, i would have been real tempted to go bw on that and shoot for the shadows. The walking bridge and rock would probably be amplified in bw, if you wanted to try and see how it looks. As it is though its still very pretty. honestly i tend to shoot a lot of certain shots in the winter. once the leaves comes out it really makes it difficult to get a good vantage point as they cover a lot of your frame and intended subject. For what you were looking at i think you did very well though. i remember you said you were thinking of this, been waiting. Nice job. ;) jmo

Thanks beebs. I suck at this landscape thing. That is life I guess
i didn't say they suck. what really matters is you are enjoying it and are happy with them. That's all. Are you happy with them? cc is just a unbiased opinion to help YOU get better and happier with your images. Another opinion. And just that. Its really all about you and helping your photography. least that is how i look at giving cc as a hobbiest. i'd be proud of those images (but also be looking to what i could do to like them better)

Very nice and you stumbled upon this magical place?
i like both but 2 nod is stronger, and agree it may be better without bridge.
Nice though,
Nancy

Very nice and you stumbled upon this magical place? i like both but 2 nod is stronger, and agree it may be better without bridge. Nice though, Nancy

Thanks. Yes, I stumbled upon this place last year when I was hunting but didn't get to the falls until yesterday.

Landscape is very difficult for me.
The photos look nice to me. :)

I've learned that You need to go there at the right time of day & season for lighting, the right time of season for colors or ice cycles, etc
and if you are able to knock down a walking bridge and it's pedestal it would help alot too.
I've also always thought that a chainsaw should be in one's "tool" bag too .. 'ya know ... just in case you're attacked by a tree that you politely asked to move out of the frame.

BUT other than those issues I think the key is getting the water flow nice and frothy and lighting. If you get that down then the rest is just patience.

The lighting looks good. I love how contrasted the water is to the rocks! and of course a tripod would help in smoothing out the water flow. So considering the issues you can't fix, those are good shots if you ask me.
:thumbup:

Both breathtaking photos! Excellent work :)

Thanks, everyone. As I was climbing the steps to walk up this waterfall, I realized how limited photography can really be. A camera is great a producing memories and art, but to be there in the moment...a camera just can't capture the waterfall's majesty in its entirety

.. ahhh the smell in the air and the sounds of the waterfall .. maybe they can make an advanced scratch n sniff system in the future.

Thanks, everyone. As I was climbing the steps to walk up this waterfall, I realized how limited photography can really be. A camera is great a producing memories and art, but to be there in the moment...a camera just can't capture the waterfall's majesty in its entirety

try video it gets closer...

try video it gets closer...

I haven't the slightest clue as how to take a video with my camera. lol. I don't intend to either. I enjoy being in the outdoors.

I think that both are Excellent pictures you should be proud of both of them .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back