Waterfalls

Lizardqing

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few shots from some local settings. As with everything I do, I am open for critique.

lumpkin%20077.jpg

Water ... quite the opposite to your fire pics!

And hey, my advice over again: if you want to post more than one photo, you may well do so in one post only. There can be more than one pic ... but it would be wise to number them.

These have a tendency to be overexposed.
But the locations are beautiful!

In the third you obviously wanted to achieve the rushing-water effect by a long exposure but the day was too bright for that, you would have needed to use filters to get it right ... I am not sure how much of that one can be rescued?

My favourite is the second, closely followed by the fourth, but if that were mine, I'd work on it a little to selectively darken the sunny parts and bring out the colours of the trees a bit more.

Thanks. I will put them all in one from now on, I noticed that others had one per post so I was following along.

Filters are something that I am still in need of. Right now it is just straight camera lens and playing with the settings. I'll try playing around with the last one in photoshop and see what I can do with it.

They look good, but the water in many of them seems a little harsh (how long were they exposed?), and the first one could've looked really good you would've increased the exposure.

I'm not sure how long the various exposures were. I was really just trying various ones out that day as I had had recently learned how to do it on my camera.

I'm not sure how long the various exposures were. I was really just trying various ones out that day as I had had recently learned how to do it on my camera.
if you right click on the picture ---->properties---->summary tab---->advanced. that should bring up all the technical info. I think most digital do that if not all.

Well thats what I love about the internet, always able to learn something new.

The first picture has a shutter speed of 1/64 sec.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back