WATERMARK?

toofarjimmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i am a casual photographer and digital imager, but i would like to make a little business off my work if possible. However i am worried about my work being stolen, particularly because i will be exchanging ideas via the web.

How is watermarking done? and what information needs to be made available on the mark?

Thanks for your help

The easiest way is to just put a semi transparent mark across the image. Most people use their business name, or a generic copyright symbol.

i am a casual photographer and digital imager, but i would like to make a little business off my work if possible. However i am worried about my work being stolen, particularly because i will be exchanging ideas via the web.

How is watermarking done? and what information needs to be made available on the mark?

Thanks for your help
The information required in a watermark varies from country to country. Most countries require the copyright symbol © and the statement (except in the US) 'All Rights Reserved'. Note: in the USA your copyrights need to be registered if you want to file an infringement suit.

To cover all the International bases I recommend the following format:
© 2009 Your name or studio here All Rights Reserved City, State.

Images on the web will be stolen even if they are watermarked. At least if they don't strip off your watermark and they get reposted somewhere else on the web you're getting free advetising, sort of.

Any idea's you exchange on the web will also be stolen so you may find it difficult to later claim you originated the idea were it to come to that.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back