wdyt?

hatteras76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Learning all the settings on my cameras, so here are some shots I took. No additional lighting, just the windows and ceiling fans.. CC welcome!
chelsea003.jpg

chelsea004.jpg

pphoto025b.jpg

You've got smudges or dust. The pinks are too pink. I'd pick a different background. Love the b/w. That's excellent.

Now that you mention it, I see the dust in the corner of the pinks.. I think the paper would look better with better lighting, but that was all that was handy. Thanks on the b&w!

I really like the first. You can get rid of the excess red and the dust spots in post processing. I love your idea in the second. Unfortunately, newborns have better expressions when they're sleeping. Babies around 3 months are great because they will often smile and they can be propped up a little more.

I love the baby's hair! Both my kids had lots of hair, though my son's hair fell out and he was almost bald for a while.

On my monitor (I say that because I'm on a work laptop which is crap) the first two look a tad underexposed. Not bad...but just enough to think "these are a little dark". The B&W is cool, whats the original look like?

The original looked like this before playing
pphoto025.jpg

I'll play some more with adjusting the pinks and see what happens.

Heya hatteras, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

Though you may be a beginner to visiting our forums, you are very welcome to post all the photos you want to show to our galleries.

Ask any question you might have, assuming you are a beginner to photography as such, in The Beginners Place. OK? I moved your thread for you.

And that baby looks .................. frozen.

The first two are definitely a bit underexposed. Newborns are best done during the first 2 weeks when they are still easy to "curl up" and pose! I actually like the yawny" one, though!

New born skins are really hard to get right in terms of colouring that is why so many newborn pics are b&w. I think that first one might look nice in b&w.

I don't like the second one. She looks uncomfortable. Also it looks like the focus might have fell on the basket and not on the baby?

Anelle

Most reactions

Back