What's new

Weary Travelers

SamSpade1941

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 17, 2012
Messages
491
Reaction score
65
Location
USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$Weary Travlers.webp
 
I'm confused over this. Is this an old photo, or a new photo processed to look old? Looking at it, it appears to be maybe depression era. If it's new...Bravo...well done!
 
There's nothing about this that holds my interest, other than the raccoon in the back?
 
For me, any that holds my interest and makes me take a second look has done it's job as a photograph. I personally like this one down to the oil stained door hinge
 
I'm confused over this. Is this an old photo, or a new photo processed to look old? Looking at it, it appears to be maybe depression era. If it's new...Bravo...well done!

Rick I shot this yesterday at the Prewar SwapMeet , which is held here annually. It is a car show that focuses on cars and trucks made 1941 or earlier. This particular photo was actually shot as the husband and wife were driving their International Panel Delivery out of the exposition building. The vehicle was a survivor as I understand it and was stored in a garage for decades. I did post process it to give it an old look and I appreciate that you actually were on the fence as to whether or not it was actually an old photo. Thank you for your kind words and the fact you had to think about the vintage of the image.
 
It's hard to tell what's going because of the darkness and processing. More importantly though, the people are looking away and I can't see faces.
 
I'm confused over this. Is this an old photo, or a new photo processed to look old? Looking at it, it appears to be maybe depression era. If it's new...Bravo...well done!

Rick I shot this yesterday at the Prewar SwapMeet , which is held here annually. It is a car show that focuses on cars and trucks made 1941 or earlier. This particular photo was actually shot as the husband and wife were driving their International Panel Delivery out of the exposition building. The vehicle was a survivor as I understand it and was stored in a garage for decades. I did post process it to give it an old look and I appreciate that you actually were on the fence as to whether or not it was actually an old photo. Thank you for your kind words and the fact you had to think about the vintage of the image.

Like I said. Nicely done. Everything about this photo points to a 80 year old snapshot. What appears to be an on camera flash, the drivers clothing and hair. The dress and hair style of the woman, who is trying to maintain dignity through hard times. The condition of the vehicle...and that oil stained hinge all give the overall impression of the hard times of the depression and a family traveling possibly trying to escape it.
I may be the only one here that "gets it" but, hey, you got one vote :wink:
 
There are parts of this photo that I find appealing, but the photo as a whole doesn't really work for me.
Nor does the title - I don't get a sense that these people are weary, nor do I feel they are an important part of the photo due
to being largely hidden and almost impossible to connect with on any emotional level.

Individual portions of the truck are interesting and the processing seems devoted to these entirely while ignoring the impact of the
processing on the people - almost as if you wish they weren't there. Yet here they are implied by the title as being the subject of the composition.

Not a cohesive composition in my opinion.
 
I like this and for most of the same reasons Rick has already stated. When it first opened, I smiled and said "Oh, the Waltons" it has very nice old time feel. Nicely done.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom