Website Inspiration/Help

I forgot to add... Put that code where you want the menu to show up. It's just like putting a menu on every page, except instead of typing it, you just paste that. Makes it heaps easier when you wanna change something....

I can also help with a style sheet for colours, etc.

But bed now.

<php> is a server side language, so itll work because the persons computer doesnt have to know it, BUT the problem is you cant view the pages unless they are on the net...

Ahhhh..... thanks guys.

wow... i really know nothing about websites. maybe I'll just stick to designing it and get someone else to script up what I want.

That may be a good idea...I know loads of scripters...and thats what im doing.
I gave one of my clan mates 3 pictures to hang on his wall, and hes called in a team of web designers to do my webstie...but I cant think of a design...

What about flash stuff? is that easy/hard? or it depends on how difficult you wanna make it.
And what software would you use?

Flash needs to be learnt, but you can get by with knowing nothing. You can make it "imaged based".
Not worth the effort though. Not everyone uses flash (some don't out of protest, some don't because they can't) and it has to load the file. With a normal site it only loads what it needs to.

For a proper flash site, you'll have to do a fair bit of learning.

"Legal" versions are expensive, but flash looks so kewl if done right. You can get any effect that you want in Flash, and it is not all that hard once you start to play around with it.

Simple sites are done in HTML (or varations) sites that are more multimedia based are done using Flash, that way you have full control over your work space.

You do have to load the whole Flash file, although when done 'correctly' it will not take up that much space, can be loaded on demand, and can have nice looking loading pages (loading bars, etc..) also the 'splash' screens can be so neatly tied into a flash site so that the whole thing loads perfectly.

Anyhows.... I think that it all comes down to what you know (or who) and your deadlines (eg: can't learn a whole program in 1 week if that is the deadline :) ).

Maybe something to think about?

- James

Thanks James.

Ok well I had a big talk with Greg again this afternoon (yay! - did i mention how cute he is... ahhhhh). Talking more about what he wants and I showed him a couple of things I've already come up with.

But apparently these things are still too .... hmmm i dunno the word to describe it, but he wants it simpler. So I guess I'll be doing simpler than what's here. I dunno how though.
I'm thinking of just using that powerpoint shot he liked somehow, just incorporate some slices into it, so when you roll over certain parts of it, it'll show another photo and tell you what link it's to as well. Then just have a basic menu bar/header thing across the top.

Grrrr... it's so frustrating that he won't tell me what he wants, only what he doesn't like. But the good thing is, i get to play around in Photoshop - and I have an excuse for it now! Yippee!

Attachments

• $Meadows-Web-practise-sharp+.jpg
    $Meadows-Web-practise-sharp+.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 100
  • $Meadows-Web-practise-sharp.jpg
    $Meadows-Web-practise-sharp.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 87
Actually, that's the best thing he can do. He's given you a licence to run free and do what you want. But he's also told you what he doesn't like. You can do pretty much what you want and he should be happy.

Those two images look great! But I can see how he could say they're over-fussy. Maybe if the plant-life was made smaller? It'd leave more room for text as well. And instead of black, how about adding a tiny amount of brown? I've always stayed away from using black and white. I just don't like them. I've always made the black slightly lighter and the whites slightly darker. Makes a big difference without you noticing.

Websites for bands should have a theme that relates to whatever recorded work they have. If they have an actual released cd, you should have the site reflect the theme that was used for the cd.

If they don't have a cd, then talk to the band and see what kinda theme they were thinking about when they were making the music.

If they're just a cover band....then just pictures.

Guest book is a good idea too. Lets the band know where people are seeing their music.

I hate to plug the site again by my friend has spent quite a while creating this site for herself.

Maybe you could get some idea's from it...

www.emma-lee.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back