Website

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there some place that will make a website for you?
Like you tell them what kind you like/want and they will put everything together?
I don't have a lot of money, but would be willing to pay a few bucks just not have to do it myself!

I LOVE wix.com its a free site to create a professional looking flash website. no learning curve just add your photos and bam your good. :)

If you want to hire someone to build a custom website for you, expect to pay between $500 and $1000 for something decent.

Now if you don't want to spend a lot of money, you can use a free template. There are thousands of templates out there.

I just checked out wix.com, and yeah they use flash templates.

WIX.COM!!!! woo check them out, their "photography" section is THE BOMB! :)

That's what I'll be using. It's the easiest platform really. You drag and drop. It's so easy. Just youtube them and you'll see. Don't waste your money trying to get someone to make one for you. Unless you're extremely cluless then yea

why :thumbdown:

Every website I have ever been on that was made with Wix was terribly slow and pretty awful and it's flash sooo... :thumbdown:

I feel bad telling people not to use it though because for some it is their only option if they don't want to spend much money on it.

webs.com, u have to do it yourself but its easy

Register a domain name, find a hosting service, build a NON-Flash 'site and you're off to the races. A basic website can be built with nothing more advanced than Notepad (or any other text-editor). Grab a book or two from your local library on HTML, and you'll be off to the races.

:( maybe I will do all that when these three kids go back to school in FOUR days!! whoohoo!

Hubs in in Afghanistan and for now, I have no idea what I'm doing. I need point and click! haha

Buy a domain name at godaddy.com for about $10 a year....get zenfolio account( about $8 a month for the top tier ) and you can use your own specific domain name and use their templates which have alot of room to make unique tweaks. Or do smugmug which is similar. I think there is also one called probooks or lifebooks or something like that but I think its like 300 a year

Most reactions

Back