Wedding Ad Feedback?

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by DGMPhotography, Nov 30, 2018.

1. DGMPhotography

DGMPhotography Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Would love feedback on version 3.

2. waday

waday Do one thing every day that scares you Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Not sure why you're only targeting women?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. pjaye

pjaye TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Hahaha. No, I absolutely would not. I find it so unprofessional. Of course, I'm also that person who gets annoyed when an adult coworker walks around saying "whatevs!". Maybe I'm just old and cranky?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. limr

limr Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Because we are the ones who supposedly dream of this for our whole lives, dontcha know?

The whole wedding industry is a racket and I would scroll past any version of this ad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. otherprof

otherprof TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Be careful with spelling. You don't want to appeal to their "vein" side. This wasn't in the ad so it is just general advice. I used to edit a news letter and could never find all my typos. I always had to have someone else do the proofing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. waday

Photos OK to edit
    Exactly. And, what about same sex marriages?

To the OP, I'm not trying to knock the ad or the decision to pander to only women; what I'm saying is that there's a whole potential market that you're knowingly and purposefully leaving out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It could use editing to make the text flow more smoothly when read. The only experience I have with social media ads is getting prompted about our nonprofit promoting posts (which we aren't going to pay to do, we've already picked up more people than I could imagine having interest in it).

Thinking back to your earlier posts I wonder sometimes too if you consider advice you receive here or not. Not that every idea is workable, but there are often good suggestions offered. It seems like you're spending time on social media and ads, etc. but I've seen work of yours that I think could still be brought up to a more competitive level. There's good photography there but it seems inconsistent, with photos that could have benefited from adjustments in vantage point, framing, etc. It seems to take time for photographers to build up their reputations. And for marketing you could get on ASMP or PPA to get resources from pro photographers organizations.

It was a concern to read that you needed to get a part time job to make ends meet. I'm not sure what you majored in or if you're working in that field. It seems like it would be worthwhile to find resources on career planning etc. to figure out how to use your schooling and how to work a photography business into career plans. Photographers I've known have done it as a sideline, and it seems challenging these days to make it into a full time career. I would think a business plan would be something to consider doing if you haven't already.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Vtec44

Vtec44 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Because for the most part, females are generally more involved in planning weddings and making detailed decisions. So if you don't have a huge budget to blow, targeting a particular type of clients will maximize your return of investment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DGMPhotography

DGMPhotography Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you. Yes, from what I've seen, the bride is usually the decision maker when it comes to hiring vendors, at least in my social circles, so that's what I'm marketing to.

10. limr

limr Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    "Females make decisions..."

Female whats?

"Female" is an adjective. It is used to describe a noun, not as the noun itself. Yes, the same goes for "male."

The more you know about grammar...

11. waday

Photos OK to edit
    I totally defer to you on weddings. I understand what you’re saying, and if you’re only paying for certain keywords, go for it. The wife and I (and most of our friends who are married) weren’t like what you’re describing; the grooms had equal say in decisions.

When looking at venues, we had people that barely looked at me. They didn’t get our business. Likewise, when my wife was looking for a car, the salesman only looked at me.

Stereotypes suck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Vtec44

Vtec44 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit

My apologies, in this context I assume everyone would understand that I'm referring to the bride in a traditional partnership. But if people want to pick on my grammar to make them look far superior, feel free to have at it. I speak 3 languages, none is 100% perfect. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1