wedding on new years

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
here are some from my last wedding . . . it was a tough wedding for me, i had to shoot using a strobe or id light on just about every shot. resulted in me shooting most of the wedding at a very high iso. it stunk, because the wedding started at 6 (dark). it was on a paddleboat on lake conroe, and i didn't get home until around 1:45.

but i did pretty well i think given the circumstances and below are a few of the ones i liked from it.

in advance please excuse the odd coloring, i didn't change the color space from adobe, so they are all off.

smlGFAM_1714.jpg

smlDSC_1696.jpg

smlDSC_1214.jpg

smlBG_1539.jpg

smlB_1205.jpg

smlB_1154.jpg

any critiques or comments are welcome and appreciated!

I love that second shot!

If the noise removal programs aren't doing the trick, one of the things I'll do to cover up noise is to use a little of the "Artistic:Film Grain" filter in Photoshop. Grain tends to be more visually accepted than noise. I've found that it needs to be added to a large image though. Not one that's web sized.

You have some successful photos in light of the circumstances. Looks like it was a decent event.

Rusty Tripod

It looks good to me. I assume these were taken with a DSLR? I'm finishing up the editing on my last wedding of 2006. It was in a house converted into a bed and breakfast. The crowd was small, but the lighting dim, and the ceilings painted dark gray for some reason. I shot almost the whole thing at ISO 800 and 1600. I'm convinced that ISO 1600 from a DSLR isn't really any worse than ISO 400 35mm film. Just a few years ago, shooting all film, I'd never go higher than ISO 400 for a wedding.

I think 3 is great but you could use a little less stair on the bottom I also like first one alot

I love that second shot!

If the noise removal programs aren't doing the trick, one of the things I'll do to cover up noise is to use a little of the "Artistic:Film Grain" filter in Photoshop. Grain tends to be more visually accepted than noise. I've found that it needs to be added to a large image though. Not one that's web sized.

Good tip, thanks!

Love that last one!!! Looks like an ad right out of a bridal magazine. Very nice!!!

These all look great. I especially like #1 and the Bride on the stairs. My only critique is that the noise in the bride on the stairs picture is a little too noticable for my taste. Also, I would do just a tiny bit of touch up on the bride's forehead in #5.

wow, thanks for all the comments guys. i'll agree with the noise being too noticable, but theres nothing i can do but hide it like mark said . . . i should probobly also check out some of the noise reduction programs out there.

I don't really mind the noise. I don't understand why every shot needs to be clean. Sometimes, and this is the case in your Bride on the stairs shot, the noise sort of adds something... as if this wasn't a snapshot but an interior to a magazine.

The second shot is increible, I love the light levels, although the Groom doesn't look old enough to vote, let alone drink that champagne!

So what camera/flash were you using? Did you bounce it at all? What ISO did you shoot these in?

I wonder all this because I have my FIRST wedding soon, and its at night at the beach and then inside. I'm scared! :)

P.S. How do you ask a bride to take a picture of her shoe? GREAT SHOT MAN!

the shoe shot was candid . . . but if i ask somthing like that i do it confidently and they normally don't think twice about it.

at this wedding i used a d70 and sb-800 speedlight. lots of those were with a bounced flash.

and i too dig noise sometimes . . . like right up until they ask for a 20x30

i'd be scared of a night beach wedding too, haha. if i was doing it i'd prolly rent lights, or use off camera flash, my ringlight, and my id-light.

a lot of the shots from that wedding were shot at iso 1600

good luck on your wedding!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back