Wedding photographers, what shoes are you wearing?

William Petruzzo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.petruzzo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last night was a the last straw. I've been shooting weddings nearly every weekend in a pair of Payless dress shoes. Following morning: Feet are still killing me.

So, weird as it may be to ask about shoes here, what kind of shoes get you through the wedding day without killing your feet?

I wear a low heel, I'm a female. It is part of the sacrifice of being a wedding photographer. But I gotta tell you, I have great calf muscles! :lol:

Speaking from the stand point of an observer {wedding guest}, I have attended several weddings where the photgrapher was in a pair of comfy Nike's. ;)

Speaking from the stand point of an observer {wedding guest}, I have attended several weddings where the photgrapher was in a pair of comfy Nike's. ;)

Depending on the couple and how edgy they are I can sometimes get away with something like this--wearing all black sneakers. But most weddings don't allow for that kind of thing.

Speaking as someone who is currently living with two intermetatarsal neuromas and exploring various surgical options (the conservative treatments thus far have been a failure), get an excellent pair of shoes and get fitted for at least off-the-shelf *good* orthotics (places like InStep can do this for you) if not shell out the change for custom-fit ones... mine were $485 including the fitting and they're good for about 10 years. Your feet will thank you.

I am a pharmacist on my feet all day while having to maintain a professional appearance. I've found borne slip on dress shoes are great, a lot of cushion and fit nicely. Some of the style can get up to ~$100 but you can find them on sale for ~$60 if you look hard enough

I don't shoot weddings, or anything professionally for that matter. But in my experience with shoes...dress, running, sandals, etc... You get what you pay for. The quality of shoes you wear affects more than just your feet. I'd suggest shopping around various places for some quality dress shoes. Sorry, but Payless may have shoes that look nice and last long and are cheap. But they don't provide the comfort you would get with a nice, and for lack of better term...expensive, pair of shoes. I spent $100 (which really isn't all that much for dress shoes these days) on a pair of leather soled dress shoes a couple months ago, expensive? yes. But I think they are comfortable and my feet don't hurt after I wear them. Last I wore them was to a wedding, I was in them from noon until about 3 am. My feet felt perfectly normal the next day. I'm also 23 years old and in decent shape, that might help my cause.

Moral of the story: Shell out the extra cash for a good pair of shoes. You get what you pay for.

I would never, that is very unprofessional.
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/fame.../tony-hawk-pregnant-wife-skate-pro-father.jpg

Un professional?
He wears skate shoes EVERYWHERE he even wore them when meeting the president
Same as myself mindyou (uh.. not the president part :p)

As long as you dont go out dressed in black suit with white trainers/sneakers then it is okay, try keep to the dresscode colours (generally black pants/ trousers and shirt / white shirt so black shoes would do!)
Also cnavas shoes are good, only cost about £7 over here ($12.50)

I don't shoot weddings either, but I've had jobs that required me to be in a suit and on my feet all day.

That said, I have one word for you: Rockports. ;)

Dockers makes some pretty comfy shoes. I don't do weddings, but as an insurance adjuster I am always on my feet in different terrains and they did me well while still looking professional.

i would wear some all black classic reeboks or something, but i would honest pick up a decent brand, dr martens seem like a decent brand. for my profession i wear work boots, 10 hours a day on your feet, 200 bucks for pair of boots are justifiable.

The most comfortable pair I can get away with, usually a plain dark trainer and till recently, when my son decided he liked them, a pair of caterpiller shoes, really comfy. H

I would never, that is very unprofessional.
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/fame.../tony-hawk-pregnant-wife-skate-pro-father.jpg

Un professional?
He wears skate shoes EVERYWHERE he even wore them when meeting the president
Same as myself mindyou (uh.. not the president part :p)

As long as you dont go out dressed in black suit with white trainers/sneakers then it is okay, try keep to the dresscode colours (generally black pants/ trousers and shirt / white shirt so black shoes would do!)
Also cnavas shoes are good, only cost about £7 over here ($12.50)

Yes, very unprofessional.

Then again what else do you expect from him?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back