wedding photography

Jphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Nikon F100 and Nikon N80 with Nikon 800 Speedlight. I have tamron lens 28-300 with Macro capability. I also have the Flash on a bracket. I've been assisting a professional wedding photographer and using her N80 and Medium format Fuji for the season. She has been very happy with my work. Now, when I use the F100 with Speedlight 800 that I purchased at the weddings most of my work is seriously underexposed. I fill a bit lost with the higher power flash? I don't really know if I should be using the diffuser or not either. I do lots of weddings in Churches, some outside work, and at reception halls. I am really an ameteur and have alot to learn. I have a Wedding to do on my own in April and I'll be using my equipment. The photographer I work with is very impressed with my work, but now with my own equipment I seem to be a mess. I do most of my work on Automatic/Program mode and TTL or TTL BL flash. Like I said, I'm just learning. Any help out there, tips, advice? Thanks.

Jphoto said:
but now with my own equipment I seem to be a mess. I do most of my work on Automatic/Program mode and TTL or TTL BL flash. Like I said, I'm just learning. Any help out there, tips, advice? Thanks.

Go manual with both the camera and the flash. Who knows what decisions the camera and flash are making on their own? I know that you are much smarter than they are. Practice, practice, practice....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back