Wedding Photos - Feedback

OKay I understand what Framing and Composition are now.

Its basically the way the photo is shot or Framed.

Hope you don't mind but i have done a quick edit or two myself to see what you think.

First is an exposure brighten, some burning to tone down the blown out whites and the removal of a few items (such as his overhanging belt and an object on the grass).

$Junior-Grooms-Men1.jpg

The second is a very quick crop of the photo to try and add a bit more meaning to the photo.

$Junior-Grooms-Men2.jpg

but framing / composition is atrocious...

HUH?
a·tro·cious

/əˈtroʊʃəs/ Show Spelled [uh-troh-shuhs] Show IPA adjective
1. extremely or shockingly wicked, cruel, or brutal: an atrocious crime.

2. shockingly bad or tasteless; dreadful; abominable: an atrocious painting; atrocious manners.

OP, at this time I would say to go back to the basics of exposure, composition, and post processing. From what I can see from these images posted, the skill level is not quite there to be the primary shooter at a wedding. I would suggest to continue shooting as a secondary to gain experience, and then use those images to practice your post processing skills. You will soon start to see color and tones differently, but I don't think your here just yet.

OP, at this time I would say to go back to the basics of exposure, composition, and post processing. From what I can see from these images posted, the skill level is not quite there to be the primary shooter at a wedding. I would suggest to continue shooting as a secondary to gain experience, and then use those images to practice your post processing skills. You will soon start to see color and tones differently, but I don't think your here just yet.

^This! X1000

Ok, I just couldn't leave it alone. The junior bridesmaid is such a beautiful child, I had to mess with the picture. That black thing on the wall was really bugging me so I cloned it out. Some of her wispy hair went with it but I don't think enough to worry about and while I like your crop, I also cropped it closer to her beautiful face. I forgot, I also added some fill light, clarity and sharpening. Probably overstepping my bounds but I hope you like the edits.

View attachment 50092View attachment 50093View attachment 50094View attachment 50095

Lighting on the face is so uneven... I would never present this to a client.... either the original or the edit. Not bashing the edit.. it is the way it was shot.. that is the issue...

Cropping to non-standard aspect ratio means that every picture will require, at the minimum, a custom mat and perhaps frame.
Be kind to your clients and shoot so that they can be framed with standard mats and mounts.

yeah the skin tones are way off in this set and the framing leaves a lot to be desired. The headless preacher was a bit disturbing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back