wedding pics.

12sndsgood

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.square1photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
okay this was my nieces wedding. i was just taking pics to take pics. they had there own photographer. so i just had my camera. didnt use the flash because i didnt want to disrupt her taking the pics since they were paying her. you can be as harsh as you want. im just throwing some up to see where i can improve. in some was hard to get a better angle or deal with the lighting because again i was working around the photographer trying to stay out of the way so that she could get her pics. definatly know lack of light was my biggest issue. had allot of noise. one of the things i wished the D3000 did better. but can't complain to much for an entry level camera.

1. kinda liked the framing of this one. problaby not great. i tend to like allot of contrast in my pics. also i took pics while seated. didnt want to be getting up and down during the ceremony.

amandas wedding_19 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

2.the cake first time every using vignetting in a pic. have another without it.

amandas wedding_32 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

3. first real black and white type pic ive ever done.

amandas wedding_37 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

4.just playing around with PP im not good at it. have cs5 but just starting to learn it.

amandas wedding_39 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

5 first dance

amandas wedding_55 by Sndsgood, on Flickr

The first one is the downer of the set. My general rule of thumb is that I don't press the shutter unless I see an eyeball. But these are really good! Nice compositions! I love the low angle of the last one which captures both the dad/guest laughing and the decorative lighting above. However, the vignetting isn't liked very much on this site. You can visit youarenotaphotographer.com to see why we don't need to vignette many shots.

thanks, yeah the first one i had just got drawn to the flowers. the bright colors framed by the dark colors of the pepople in front of me. anyones eyes were hard to get as we saw everyones backs for most of the wedding lol. and the vignetting was something i tried on a few of the shots on this due to bodies or things being where i was wanting to take the pic. its definatly not someting i use much at all. i reallly like the lit up balls they had all over the dancefloor. so was trying to get a low shot up to get them into view. i just used my 35mm 1.8 lens because it takes allot better pic then my kit lens.

Go easy with the vignette and you shouldnt be messing with faux blur. #5 is decent. Remember not to only shoot the B&G. Sometimes it is good to shoot horizontal wide and capture the ambiance of the room. I love seeing those 2 guys laughing. But what you did here is nice too because you showed the cool lanterns. Keep practicing!

I disagree with the comments on eyeballs... In fact, I just saw a string of LIFE pictures of people where there wasn't a single eyeball in the set, and they were all amazing. The thing is, however, the picture has to stand on its own without the extra feeling that seeing someone's eyes brings to the photo.

Not the worst shots I've seen for "horsing around with a camera and trying to stay out of the primary photographer's way" (and good for you for being sensitive to that). They're not great, but they could have been much worse. If you had an interest in doing it more, I'd spend a bit more time researching the art form of it and try again. Good luck!

Oh yeah, and please don't do the vignette thing. :)

lol so much crap for my vignetting, ive only done that 4x in my life i promise lol.

schwetty. were you referring to pic #3 with the faux blur? i took it a bit to far did't i? i really wasn't super happy with the way most of these pics came out. i usually never am happy with what i take. i tryed to save them in p.p.

i really liked the lanterns but wasn't so happy i had to get as low as i did to get them. that was likely more the downfall of just using a 35 prime for all the shots. that and with shooting on the opposite side of the paid photographer who had a light setup shining on them most of these turned out to dark on there face and right side. problaby could have worked out better if i used a flash. but ehhh.

manaheim i don't tend to do this as a profession but i do want to get better at it. its become my biggest hobby next to showing my cars. so i want to improve on every aspect.

manaheim i don't tend to do this as a profession but i do want to get better at it. its become my biggest hobby next to showing my cars. so i want to improve on every aspect.

It's a long journey. Being open to comments and criticism is the first and biggest step. You'll do fine.

Common problem here.

Green wedding dress...hmmm...was that a white balance accident, or some type of homage to outdated Ektachrome?

Still, excellent timing on their foot positioning--they both are in-step, and their front feet are off the ground, which REALLY makes them appear to be moving in a still photo!

subscuck. i problaby would get more hits there as it does seem thats where everyone dumps there stuff. but this is the people photogrophy set and i feel people should work on branching out from that one forum.

Derrell i didnt realise the dress was green till you mentioned it. that was me more just trying some diffrent processing. trying to slowly learn cs5 on diffrent ways of processing and how certain adjustments change a picture. sad part is i am partially colorblind. real bad with reds/greens. so feel free to insert the colorblind guy adjusting colors jokes lol.

yeah i agree that your vignette needs to go. Vignette should not be so easily noticeable. and if your color blind i would say try sticking to black and white or have a friend review color photos before sending them to the client. But i dont mind the RGB crossprocessed look. These kids seem cool and might like it.

Most reactions

Back