TheBoombaGnome
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Apr 10, 2010
- Messages
- 84
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Suburbs of Detroit, Michigan
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hey guys...
I'm still pretty new to photography, but a friend of mine approached me with an offer today...
Her Aunt is getting married in mid-July, and they have a photographer for the reception. They decided NOW that they want a second one, but were asked to pay somewhere in the area of $1500 to get another photographer from the same place. Now, I do understand the prices (short notice in terms of a wedding and everything), but she is unwilling to pay. That's where I come in...
They know I'm still by all means an amateur, but would still like me to come and take some pictures during the reception. Now, knowing i'm not the only photographer there, that makes me a lot more willing to do it, considering that there will also be a whole lot of P&S cameras there, so it's not all on me to chronicle this night forever...
I was asked what I charge, and I looked at my friend and told her that I have absolutely no idea. I am still a amateur, and I do not want to charge her a lot and have the pictures all turn out like crap, but I don't want to sell my self short, as I know that I can take good, quality, worth-while photos. I'm obviously going to keep it under $500, but how far under is too far? I could really use your opinions on this one...I don't wanna jip her or short myself in my first "professional" gig...
Thanks guys!
TBG
I'm still pretty new to photography, but a friend of mine approached me with an offer today...
Her Aunt is getting married in mid-July, and they have a photographer for the reception. They decided NOW that they want a second one, but were asked to pay somewhere in the area of $1500 to get another photographer from the same place. Now, I do understand the prices (short notice in terms of a wedding and everything), but she is unwilling to pay. That's where I come in...
They know I'm still by all means an amateur, but would still like me to come and take some pictures during the reception. Now, knowing i'm not the only photographer there, that makes me a lot more willing to do it, considering that there will also be a whole lot of P&S cameras there, so it's not all on me to chronicle this night forever...
I was asked what I charge, and I looked at my friend and told her that I have absolutely no idea. I am still a amateur, and I do not want to charge her a lot and have the pictures all turn out like crap, but I don't want to sell my self short, as I know that I can take good, quality, worth-while photos. I'm obviously going to keep it under $500, but how far under is too far? I could really use your opinions on this one...I don't wanna jip her or short myself in my first "professional" gig...
Thanks guys!
TBG