wedding shot....

Jeepnut28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
critiques?

313616804_5df392afc9.jpg

Nice. This would be good in b&w too. :thumbsup:

if only the bride and groom were in focus..

I'm having a hard time with the focus in this one. I don't mind that the b/g aren't in focus but I'd prefer the first pews to be in focus rather than the focal point being in the middle of the shot. I think this is one that will have a lot of varied comments!

I've been making this same shot throughout my career. Yeah... the focus here is a problem. The couple is subject. You'll have to do a manual focus on this. You can focus before putting the camera on the floor. I usually use my wallet as a makeshift camera support. Framing was easier in the film days by removing the finder and composing with the ground glass.

You may still get some mileage with this view just as it is, using it as a background for a composite. Drop your favorite images of the ceremony right on top.

Pete

I agree that the focus hurts it. And, I think there is a bit too much floor as well. But, it's still an interesting shot that the couple will like.

AprilRamone said:
I agree that the focus hurts it. will like.

But I think Pete is right, might be able to use it as a background for composite.

Thanks for your thoughts on this....this is one of those shots that I keep going back and forth on....somedays I like it, somedays I dont....

the bride and groom did in fact really like this shot, I believe it even made it into their print list.

I really dont mind the bride and groom being out of focus but i would have liked to see a tighter crop to where the closet pews are in focus. I played with it a bit and you can get some nice composition with a little tighter crop.

Most reactions

Back