Wedding - The Reception

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are a few of the ones that I really liked of the reception at the wedding I did recently.

p307630837-4.jpg

p111964005-4.jpg

3. Groom and his mom
p210599444-4.jpg

4. Head table "detail" shot
p10340176-4.jpg

5. One of the table centerpieces
p373499684-4.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Wow, the indoor lighting looks like it was horrible. You did a great job with the whites. #4 is very cool.

I like the one of the champagne glasses,
but, In my opinion the first two dancing photos have too much dead space up top
and insufficient space at the bottom.

Thanks for all the comments. Inside light was nearly non-existent. This also made it hard to see through the viewfinder for composition hence the dead space, etc...

Question, since I'll be doing a reception in 3 months ... how did you handle the lighting? Was it basically a diffused flash, like aimed up at the ceiling?

Question, since I'll be doing a reception in 3 months ... how did you handle the lighting? Was it basically a diffused flash, like aimed up at the ceiling?

As far as I remember, it was no diffuser....just the flash bounced of the ceiling (a pretty high ceiling....20-25 feet). Worked just fine and gave just enough fall off light in the background.

Just wondering why you shot them all at ISO200 and not higher

Because I had a flash and was able to get proper subject exposure with ISO200 and bounced flash. Plus since I don't have much background blur, the darkness of the background helps with isolation which wouldn't have been as much with ISO800-ISO1600.

Oh yeah, and also the fact that I shot with a D70s for about 2 years and the D90 for about 4 months....I still have a hard time remembering that I can safely bump the ISO past 200-400....lol.

i like the one with the champagne glasses the best
clear.gif

Shot #4 is very cool, nice job.

Most reactions

Back