Weekly challenge - 1/27- 2/2: Contrast is the real spice of life

DSC_0087.jpeg

This was taken last week, when I saw it as all about the color of the coat.
Yesterday I saw this was really not meant to be about the color, and turned it into this image.

TriX shot at 800, This was prior to loading the Acros 100 @400 of the front of it, earlier in the post #3. I was in the building in the lower 3rds area. I was on the roof when I shot post #3. I changed film in the building.

Devos Inside.jpg

Last edited:
pain & despair
smallpain_and_despair_AHI_0287_00001_.JPG

the veteran
smallveteran_AHI_0540_00001_.JPG

My entry for the week are two male portraits of high intensity fitting the topic. Both taken on Sunday, yesterday, at mass with my D850 & 1.8/85G Nikkor lens.

Some pretty heavy post work to maximize contrast on this one. Bracketed exposures and a couple of sharply graduated filters in addition to the high contrast conversion. Otherwise the car is colored so close to the surroundings you could almost walk right by it.

contrast-1-4.jpg

iPhone 7+. We ate there last night to celebrate our daughter's birthday. The photo fits the requirements in at least two ways, I think. It is also misleading, as the place was packed. The food was excellent and the service could not be better. I'd say it is expensive and worth it, and not just a tourist trap. When we asked why the dirt had not been cleaned from the large mural, the answer was, "because that's smoke from Frank Sinatra's cigarettes."

IMG_0443.jpeg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back