Weekly challenge 10/12 - 10/18 Fall Framing double challenge

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, our subject will be Fall, Falling, Fallen. Interpret as you wish , be as creative as you can. But there’s a twist...

In addition to the subject being set, let’s work on composition and framing. No cropping allowed. Subject must be framed in camera as you wish to present it. Try out some new aspect ratios with your camera if you have that feature. Use a zoom or zoom with your feet. Get a different angle if something is in your way. Actively think about composition the entire time you’re shooting. Check all around the frame before you press the shutter to make sure you have what you need and have framed out any distractions.

***Bonus points - frame within a frame.

Framing Your Shots - Photography Composition Technique

https://petapixel.com/2016/09/14/20-composition-techniques-will-improve-photos/

Photographing Fall Foliage

5 Quick Tips For Photographing Fall Foliage

Last edited:
Morning 120-001.JPG
Morning 135.JPG
eatting berries 042.JPG

I could fall for this actor, especially after seeing the way his abs are framed by the blazer.

I tried, but it's a stretch lol.

works for me

We headed to the local botanic garden this morning finding this really cool set-up.
I wish I knew the purpose of that old machine.
Edit 14Oct19: that is a vintage corn husker.

autumn tableau at the botanic gardens

Last edited:
This is a stream up in the Sawtooths near Stanley, Idaho. It's fall, some trees are falling, and several have already fallen.

Attachments

• IMG_8644 Wildness along the stream.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 174
This is a stream up in the Sawtooths near Stanley, Idaho. It's fall, some trees are falling, and several have already fallen.

are those mountains with snow in the background.. beautiful

Most reactions

Back