Weekly challenge 10/19 - 10/25. Backlighting

Really nice shot Scott. With such strong back light, what sort of fill had you used and from what direction?

I just exposed for their faces, most of the of the exposure is from the light wrapping around them. There was a chandelier hanging just above the camera that provided a little fill.

The above is 1/125sec, f/2.0, and ISO 200.

I could give a rat's ass about blown highlights. I'll gladly blew highlights to expose for the subject, and often I love the look.

upload_2019-10-22_12-22-6.png

crap, missing the EXIF on this one. I'll get back to you.

Really nice shot Scott. With such strong back light, what sort of fill had you used and from what direction?

I just exposed for their faces, most of the of the exposure is from the light wrapping around them. There was a chandelier hanging just above the camera that provided a little fill.

The above is 1/125sec, f/2.0, and ISO 200.

I could give a rat's ass about blown highlights. I'll gladly blew highlights to expose for the subject, and often I love the look.

View attachment 181201

crap, missing the EXIF on this one. I'll get back to you.
Nice. Spot meter their faces and let the rest take care of itself. The highlights being so strong create a glow which for this style of shot works a treat.
The one exposed more for the background creates really nice hair/rim lighting with just enough of the girls' detail.
Way cool.

Nice. Spot meter their faces and let the rest take care of itself. The highlights being so strong create a glow which for this style of shot works a treat.
The one exposed more for the background creates really nice hair/rim lighting with just enough of the girls' detail.
Way cool.

Yes both are really nice. I think the 2nd one works because they are all partly turned. I would not have thought to do that but will remember it! Thanks Brain.

Interesting photos. How do you pull them over from Flicker?

Go to flicker, and open a specific image.
There should be an 'arrow' icon that is meant for sharing images.
Click on the share icon and go to BBCode
Select the resolution (for this page usually go with 800 or 1,024 px width)
Copy the link they give you.
Paste the link here.
Done.

Paste the link here.
Done.

Paste the link here.
Done.
I have wondered how it done. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back