Weekly challenge 10/19 - 10/25. Backlighting

Mornin in the burbs. iPhone 11

00ABB185-F74C-469F-B37C-FC97907B14E3.jpeg

iPhone 11
How do you like the 11? I need a new phone and have been toying with the 11 Pro.

So far so good. I went with the 11 over the 11pro because the screen is bigger and I didn’t need the tele lens. I wanted the wide angle and the 11 has that. My only issue with it is there is an alarm that goes off every day at 6:45am that I do not have set. Kind of annoying on the weekends. I’ve tried everything to get rid of it and am going to schedule an apple store visit next since nothing has worked. Going to try the reset first but that’s a pita.

iPhone 11
How do you like the 11? I need a new phone and have been toying with the 11 Pro.

So far so good. I went with the 11 over the 11pro because the screen is bigger and I didn’t need the tele lens. I wanted the wide angle and the 11 has that. My only issue with it is there is an alarm that goes off every day at 6:45am that I do not have set. Kind of annoying on the weekends. I’ve tried everything to get rid of it and am going to schedule an apple store visit next since nothing has worked. Going to try the reset first but that’s a pita.
Hmm.. do you think you have your bedtime/wake up schedule set? Swipe up, then pick the timer, go to the bedtime option?

iPhone 11

Hmm.. do you think you have your bedtime/wake up schedule set? Swipe up, then pick the timer, go to the bedtime option?

no it’s not that. I even Went in and set that and then turned it off just to be sure.

Well, it seems I messed up with my first reply to this week's challenge. I accidentally started a new thread. I was going to procrastinate and attempt to participate later, but instead, I grabbed one of my kids, a light stand, a Speedlight, a reflector and my Olympus XZ-1. Not a good picture, but I didn't have time to work the shot anymore.
2019-1029-1727­­_02-Backlight10_25_DxO.JPG

Ok, second try. Turned the flash up and moved the reflector in closer with my left hand. Better exposure. I think he's had enough.:)
2019-1029-1746­­_54-Backlight_25_DxO.jpg

Well, it seems I messed up with my first reply to this week's challenge. I accidentally started a new thread. I was going to procrastinate and attempt to participate later, but instead, I grabbed one of my kids, a light stand, a Speedlight, a reflector and my Olympus XZ-1. Not a good picture, but I didn't have time to work the shot anymore.View attachment 181637
The back lighting in this one is more pronounced as your side light isn't making the scene too bright. The back light has created some very nice rim lighting. But you may want to refine the back light some so as not to make the ears so bright when you try this again. If the ears do get overly bright, in your editing process you can reduce that brightness and also bring the redness back toward neutral to match skin in other areas.

Most reactions

Back