Weekly challenge 10/20-10/26 Still the one

XT2, XF35 1.4, f/16 @ 0.6s, ISO 200, spot. custom chrome, Glass block window light.

Sell out.jpg

XT2, XF35 1.4, f/16 @ 15.0s, ISO 200, spot. I used my 60" TV to light the subject. I went through a recorded show and fast forwarded it slow until I liked the light and paused it. No Edit other than scale down in gimp.

Levi
View attachment 164766

Interesting lighting idea!

It's strange to upload photos to TPF again after almost 2 months, while I start next week with (probably) long term medical rehabilitation after my cardiac arrest on 8 September and open heart surgery on 10 September, both caused by a very rare bacteria. Well, I'm glad I can do this anyway. I've to move a lot from the doctors, so in the 3 weeks that I am now out of hospital, I've made quite a few "walking" laps together with my wife.

So, my first for this challenge/this week: Still life I - Brooch diamonds/18carat gold
(thanks to my friend, a jeweler in The Hague)

I.jpg

It's strange to upload photos to TPF again after almost 2 months, while I start next week with (probably) long term medical rehabilitation after my cardiac arrest on 8 September and open heart surgery on 10 September, both caused by a very rare bacteria. Well, I'm glad I can do this anyway. I've to move a lot from the doctors, so in the 3 weeks that I am now out of hospital, I've made quite a few "walking" laps together with my wife.

So, my first for this challenge/this week: Still life I - Brooch diamonds/18carat gold

I.jpg

gk! So sorry to hear about your heart issues. I was wondering where you'd gotten to. I hope you are recovering well and taking care of yourself.

Great photo. Love how you've used the drawing to echo it. Did you design this brooch?

Great to have you back gk!!

I.jpg
I'm glad your alright g, take it easy man, recover. I was wondering where you were at. Believing for a fast recovery.

This is a handheld Catapult. Not sure of the manufacturer, I think it might be Glock.

While it is only a single cat per pull, the trigger is dual action. When pulled, it opens the top cover, then actuates the catapult release. So, you don't have to paws to open the cover. Helps in catctical situations like purrsuing a convicted feline.

catapult-1.jpg

I.jpg
Welcome back, my friend. Take the time you need to get better.

Last edited:
gk! So sorry to hear about your heart issues. I was wondering where you'd gotten to. I hope you are recovering well and taking care of yourself.
Great photo. Love how you've used the drawing to echo it. Did you design this brooch?

Thank you, I appreciate this very much.
The brooch is an unique art deco piece, the drawing is the original design of this brooch on paper and made by the original goldsmith some 80-90 years ago.

Great to have you back gk!!

Thank you, very glad I'm still around.

Thanks!

It
Welcome back, my friend. Take the time you need to get better.

Thank you, much appreciated!

I.jpg
I'm glad your alright g, take it easy man, recover. I was wondering where you were at. Believing for a fast recovery.

Thank you very much, JC
Because of your enthusiasm for film and b & w, I've taken small steps in that well-known direction since january this year. Not so much to scan film to digital, but rather to print on paper. I've been hesitating for a long time to return to film, but now I realize it's better to go for it than wait.

Gerard

Most reactions

New Topics

Back