Weekly challenge - Manual vs Auto 2/24 - 3/2

Agh, I've been meaning to post for this week's challenge, as I have something in mind. Hopefully I can take a picture this afternoon.

The first one is Manual raw with edits in ACR & Nik filters
022418_0083smraw.jpg

The jpg Auto mode version
022418_0085sm.jpg

The first one is Manual raw with edits in ACR & Nik filters. I underexposed when shot and lifted the shadows in ACR Maybe too dark? That is what it looked like thru sunglasses :bek113:
022418_0018smallManual.jpg

This one is in Auto, but I forgot to change to jpg in camera. Too many distractions :distracted: Edited in ACR using the Auto function
022418_0017ACRsmall.jpg

I don't have a full auto setting on my camera...but...maybe I need one!

View attachment 154258

I don’t have an Auto mode but I can set up for Auto ISO + Auto SS + Auto Aperture which is essentially the same thing. Still not full auto since I’m setting metering mode and AF point. I don’t know that there’s any auto setting for metering? Or if that even makes sense? I use spot metering.

If you used matrix/evaluative metering, whatever your camera calls it, instead of spot you would not get the overexposure. I think you should try it again.

Thanks Brent. Yeah it took me a few shots to get the hang of spot metering. Figuring the right zone to meter from.
I got a better exposure a few clicks later, with no weenie dog.
auto.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back