Weekly challenge - Selective color? Never! Select a color? Yes! 3/16 - 3/22

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week's challenge - choose a color and look for it all week. Post 1-3 shots each day where "your" color is dominant in the photo or adds just the right accent. Choose wisely as there are no "swaps" once you commit to a color. At the end of the week, post a collage of your favorite photos to showcase that color. I'll leave it up to you to decide if black and white are colors but, no b&w photos allowed for this challenge. As usual, please post only new photos taken for this challenge or taken this week. And remember, this challenge is for fun - not every photo that you share here has to be portfolio worthy, just participate. What's important is that you get out there and look around and shoot!!!

These were taken yesterday. This weekend is another road trip, and next week is the geo user's conference, but I'll do what I can. Maybe MLW will turn purple from the temperatures in New England.

Purple
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Purple Too
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

I love the way red complements black and white.

It's planting time here on the farm, so with the hectic schedule the only colors I'll be seeing are John Deere green and dirt brown - I'll go with green.
Had a pretty good sunset last night followed by wind, the wind made for some less than ideal conditions in the dark.
Peas sunset.jpeg

Peas dusty.jpeg

Okay, I too will go with John Deere green and dirt colors!
_IMG_9538_work 2018_0315 Th.JPG

Pre-dawn, iPhone SE, John Deere 7320 tractor with work lights on. Hydraulically-activated sickle bar mower on back.

_IMG_9545_JD 7320 Lyons 4_work 2018_0315 Th.JPG

Pre-dawn, iPhone SE, John Deere 7320 tractor with work lights on. Hydraulically-activated sickle bar mower on back.

_IMG_9550_Lyons sunrise JD 7320_work 2018_0315 Th.JPG

Sunrise! Gorgeous, late-winter sunups are part and parcel of the Pacific Northwest region. This is on Sauvie Island.

That gorgeous sunrise is stunning. Looking forward to see where else you spot that John Deere green this week.

Most reactions

Back