Weird photos

TTony

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all

Well as you can see im new here, I just need a litle suggestion on my photos... Please keep in mind that im not a photographer and honestly I dont know the tricks in the cameras.

Please I want any thoughts or/and any kind of critique.

The last sunday night I was watching some movies with my girlfriend when for some reason I decided to take a picture to her, and see what happened:

Its not a joke, I didnt change anything ! and the photos are not edited, they are not photoshoped or something like that (actually I dont know how to use it), my camera is a normal/regular one, its a Olympus FE-190 6mpìxel's digital camera.

As I said before, its not a joke, I just want a professional thought from you the experts in photos.

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????​
What ??...

I know is strange, I just want to know if the "whitish" effect can be obtained due to some reflection or camera malfunction.

post them bigger
They are already big enuf... just click on each photo, and then click again in the photo... the image will be resized.

If it doesnt work:
p7080020bx0.jpg

p7080019jv6.jpg

What ??...

I know is strange, I just want to know if the "whitish" effect can be obtained due to some reflection or camera malfunction.

Ok, I was confused as to what you were trying to achieve with the original post. It looks to me like you have your flash set to Slow/synchro mode. That is if you were using a flash.

It's not a ghost if that's what you were implying.

I think I know what happened.

According to the exif, the shutter was 4 seconds, which is REALLY long. I'm assuming it was dark? if it was, then the flash when off at the beginning of the 4 seconds to take the picture of your girlfriend, but the camera continued to be taking the picture for the next 4 seconds, in which time you moved the camera and eventually pointed it at the TV. as the room was dark, nothing during the move was recorded, but as the TV puts off it's own light, it was recorded.

According to the exif, the shutter was 4 seconds, which is REALLY long. I'm assuming it was dark? if it was, then the flash when off at the beginning of the 4 seconds to take the picture of your girlfriend, but the camera continued to be taking the picture for the next 4 seconds, in which time you moved the camera and eventually pointed it at the TV. as the room was dark, nothing during the move was recorded, but as the TV puts off it's own light, it was recorded.

Wow!! You may now change your name to Sherlock Holmes!! ha ha:lol::lmao:

Ok, I was confused as to what you were trying to achieve with the original post. It looks to me like you have your flash set to Slow/synchro mode. That is if you were using a flash.

It's not a ghost if that's what you were implying.
mmmm well I wasnt using flash bc the room wasnt really that dark... but I was using the night-portrait mode of the camera just to get a better picture and I think I got it (see the background colors)

About the Ghost, im not sure (As a matter of fact Im sceptic) but can you see the face of the girl in the first picture ?

I know what you mean and its a good explanation of what we can see here, sounds logical, but I remember perfectly that the room had a litle light, but anyway I will let her know your theory.
btw as I said before Im not a camera expert... but can I do that with a regular camera ? these are the specs: http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1262&fl=4

I dont like to use the flash bc sometimes the final photo is too bright, so im 90% that i didnt use the flash.

Offtopic: I was in San Francisco the last month, Its such a great city, there are a lot of places to visit and take many pictures.... I was really amazed. !!

If you didn't use a flash, I'm not sure why she would be so bright and clear while nothing else was picked up from the movement until it got to the TV. And the specs of that camera say the shutter can go up to 4 seconds. Also, the "Exposure Program" was listed as "Creative." I'm not sure what that means, but it could be why the camera chose such a long shutter time.

If you didn't use a flash, I'm not sure why she would be so bright and clear while nothing else was picked up from the movement until it got to the TV.

Well in the movement of the camera there was a litle candle in the path of the movement, there was a mirror, and was the entrance of the bathroom, just before the TV, so' If the shutter was "open" in those 4 seconds I think we should be able to see that. right?

And the specs of that camera say the shutter can go up to 4 seconds. Also, the "Exposure Program" was listed as "Creative." I'm not sure what that means, but it could be why the camera chose such a long shutter time.
I forgot to say something (or dont know if I already said this)... When I saw the first picture I thought was a camera malfunction or a reflection of the jewerly or something like that, so I took another shoot to see If I get the same and yes.. the second picture was very similar or at least they seemed very similar in the LCD of the camera, then I took another shoot, again to see if I get the same reflection but this time I didnt see anything wrong, just a plain image of my GF, but unfortunately I erased the good photo :x It had been a good comparison...

Most reactions

Back