Weird weather??

MTVision

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anybody finding the weather this winter odd??

Last winter and all the previous years, in Vermont, we usually get at least one snow storm. We normally have snow for most of the winter and it usually started around October.

This year we haven't had really any snow. It's snowed here and there but it's gone within a few days. It snowed yesterday and it's raining today. I don't know about everyone else but this isn't typical winter weather for us!

I live in North Carolina so the winters here are not extreme, but yesterday was 65 and today it's like 72 and I'm not liking it because I am a fan of the normal 40-50 degrees. If it's winter, I want it to feel like winter!!

I remember last year at the end of January it got to -24F. It's +38 right now : /

Weird shiz

I remember last year at the end of January it got to -24F. It's +38 right now : /

Weird shiz

That's a huge difference! I'm really not looking forward to the North Carolina summer where the average temp is like 105 and humid as all get out. Walk outside and you feel suffocated and like you just stepped out of the sauna. GROSS!

East TN, where it's normally mild in the winter, at least compared to our northern neighbors. I live very close to the Smoky Mountains, and we're used to seeing several dustings of snow, at least a couple of 1-3" inch snows, and while the AVERAGE temperature is usually mid 40s (F) for a high, we normally get quite a few cold snaps of teens or single digit nights and barely over freezing highs in the daytime.

This year...it's like a really early spring, all winter long. I think we've had about TWO nights with temps below about 25 F, and within two days it'll be back up to 60s for the high. I've only had half a dozen fires in my fireplace; and only two of those were because I was actually COLD.

I am LOVING it, as I detest the cold and snow. But, I am afraid that we are going to really pay for it at some point!!
For one thing, this summer is probably going to be a KILLER season for bugs in these parts...

It was particularly strange that we were having 55 degree days during December IN MAINE... Probably for the majority of the month.

It's 60 in CT........... I don't like it.... There's a reason I still live in New England.

Yes! Weird...Feb 1st and its 76 today...and so humid and just yucky feeing. I mean, I'd rather be warm than freezing, but pants weather would be nice.

o hey tyler said:
It was particularly strange that we were having 55 degree days during December IN MAINE... Probably for the majority of the month.

55 degrees? That's crazy!

Ahh....North Carolina. I miss OBX (and the weather down there too!)

Going to KDH this summer. Cannot wait!

We have only had four or five major snow dumps.... and nothing sticks around past about 6 days or so it seems like. It is shirt sleeve weather outside... and normally this time of year is COLD, and buried in snow. So yea.. wierd weather! I didn't even bother putting my snow tires on this year. :)

sm4him said:
East TN, where it's normally mild in the winter, at least compared to our northern neighbors. I live very close to the Smoky Mountains, and we're used to seeing several dustings of snow, at least a couple of 1-3" inch snows, and while the AVERAGE temperature is usually mid 40s (F) for a high, we normally get quite a few cold snaps of teens or single digit nights and barely over freezing highs in the daytime.

This year...it's like a really early spring, all winter long. I think we've had about TWO nights with temps below about 25 F, and within two days it'll be back up to 60s for the high. I've only had half a dozen fires in my fireplace; and only two of those were because I was actually COLD.

I am LOVING it, as I detest the cold and snow. But, I am afraid that we are going to really pay for it at some point!!
For one thing, this summer is probably going to be a KILLER season for bugs in these parts...

I hate snow and cold but.....we kind of needed a good ski/board season. I mean we got hit by a freakin hurricane this year - which is extremely odd! But it did some major damage in the lower half of the state

If we aren't going to get snow - that's fine but c'mon rain isn't much better. Hate that damn mud!

Spring is a couple months away and I do not feel we have had a winter yet in Minnesota this year.

The weather has also been really weird up here too. We normally have a temperatures around -10 Celsius with a few weeks of -20's or do with the occasional Chinooke.

This year it's been +5 to 0 Celsius and we had a high last week of +12... It's January. And the one cold snap we had the extreme opposite, -30's Celsius which was a worse -49 Celsius with the wind chill.

It's simply been an off year

I was watching the weather channel this morning and they were showing the jet stream which has remained in lower Canada for most of the winter season which is why we're getting rain and not snow. The cold is not dipping far enough down to cause the rain to turn to snow.

I'll take rain over snow 7 days a week.

Most reactions

Back