Went Out for a Ciggie and Saw Fog C&C

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was reading through some threads here and decided to go out for a smoke. As I go outside, it is severely foggy out and I remember this tree in a cemetary a half block from work so I go there and this is what I got:

FogTree.jpg

I think it dominates the frame but doesn't go with the mood of the fog. If you were to maybe back up some so the tree is not so large but maybe still isolated? Does that make sense at all. I haven't had much coffee yet this morning.

I agree with Dee (if I understand what her non coffee self is saying).

The tree just seems to be a bit too big in the frame. I love the effect of the fog on the tree line in the back. Maybe shooting that tree line where the tops of the trees are as even as possible, to make a nice straight horizon line.

But overall, good idea to go and shoot.

Better but I think still not quite there. Pierre had a good tip on the horizon line. I sense an early morning outing for you Drex. Lol.

Darn-it anyways...the fog had already lifted for the most part, here is what I got anyways...

FogTree3.jpg

Well, a couple of co-workers came in and both said they liked the first one the best and so that is the one I will print out and show to the place I bought the camera from. They told me to take some photos, come in (I made an appt. for Thursday during my lunch hour) with some photos printed out and they will give me tips and what-not on how I could improve my photography. Kind of like here at the forum but face-to-face instead. I imagine they expect me to come in with snapshots. I imagine not doing so. But I guess its all subjective.

Underexposed, fog is pretty much like snow, you need to compensate by overexposing, it could have done with more fog, we call that mist here. H

I think, if I remember right, I had the f-stop at 22 so I could get the background into focus and had the shutter at 1/40 or less free hand. I should have brought the tripod but in my excitement left it back at the office. I don't think it turned out too bad for being so slow a shutter speed and me having kinetic tremor. But yeah, I see it was underexposed. I could have left the shutter open longer but stupid me left the tripod behind....next time then I guess. As for more fog, well, not much I can do for that but wait until another day...

"He who sees a photo and runs away, lives to take it another day" - Anonymous person who never takes a photo...

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS
Lens: EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Image Date: 2010-09-08 07:59:26 +0000
Focal Length: 18mm
Focus Distance: 1.45m
Aperture: f/10.0
Exposure Time: 0.020 s (1/50)
ISO equiv: 200
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Center Weight
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Manual
Flash Fired: No
Color Space: Adobe RGB (1998)

I think, if I remember right, I had the f-stop at 22 so I could get the background into focus and had the shutter at 1/40 or less free hand. I should have brought the tripod but in my excitement left it back at the office. I don't think it turned out too bad for being so slow a shutter speed and me having kinetic tremor. But yeah, I see it was underexposed. I could have left the shutter open longer but stupid me left the tripod behind....next time then I guess. As for more fog, well, not much I can do for that but wait until another day...

"He who sees a photo and runs away, lives to take it another day" - Anonymous person who never takes a photo...

up the iso, lots, nice grainy fog foto, golf ball grain, yeah. H

Thanks eric...guess my memory was off...thanks for posting the exif....

harry...you being facetious or do you really think the next time I photo fog I should up the iso?

I do not take offense to much. If someone gets upset about a critique, then they shouldn't be looking for a critique.

If someone says something that isn't constructive, I generally file that under ignore...

You do mention this photo is blown in many ways...how so? I cannot grow in this hobby if I don't know what to correct and look for in the future. Don't worry about making me upset, just give your insights and it will be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back