Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Ratings100
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length18mm
White BalanceAuto white balance
MakeNIKON CORPORATION
ModelNIKON D7000

breaking the don't shoot into the light rule.

DSC_1995.jpg

Exposure Time1/60
F Numberf / 25
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Ratings100
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length25mm
MakeNIKON CORPORATION
ModelNIKON D7000

DSC_2199.jpg

Exposure Time10
F Numberf / 11
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Ratings100
Metering ModeSpot
Focal Length25mm
MakeNIKON CORPORATION
ModelNIKON D7000

DSC_2200.jpg

Exposure Time13
F Numberf / 11
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Ratings100
Metering ModeSpot
Focal Length25mm
MakeNIKON CORPORATION
ModelNIKON D7000

Nice, some really interesting shots! Would love to visit LV myself for all this sort of stuff!
There's lots to see.
Cool, I think my favorite is 5. Looks like an interesting place
It's crazy being somewhere that once was vibrant city. I like that one too. Someone bought a print of that one.

I like the perspective of #1. Maybe crop a little off the top so the horizon isn't so centered. Did you try that one in black/white?

I like the perspective of #1. Maybe crop a little off the top so the horizon isn't so centered. Did you try that one in black/white?
I did not.

I could see maybe cropping it, but I don't like to crop my pix too much. I don't think there's enough contrast for it to work in b&w

3DSC_1912.jpg

1. What's the name of the town?

2. Looks like you went into a mineshaft. Do NOT do that, they are deathtraps, all of them. Do not approach the vertical shafts, the sides can collapse and in you go. Tunnels can have verticals, also, general collapse can occur.

1. What's the name of the town?

2. Looks like you went into a mineshaft. Do NOT do that, they are deathtraps, all of them. Do not approach the vertical shafts, the sides can collapse and in you go. Tunnels can have verticals, also, general collapse can occur.
Rhyolite, NV

I didn't go inside just to the mouth of it. I couldn't have gone in if I wanted to. There was a barred gate at the start of it.

Last edited:
There's another nice town in California near Mono Lake named Bodie. Cool place...

Very cool shots I especially like the one with I am assuming it's you standing there all ephemeral and ghostly. How did you do that without walking in and out of the frame during the shot?

Very cool shots I especially like the one with I am assuming it's you standing there all ephemeral and ghostly. How did you do that without walking in and out of the frame during the shot?
Well it was a ten second exposure. So when the shutter opened up I shined my flashlight on the statues then about five seconds in I stepped in frame and at the last second i shined the light up at my face.

There's another nice town in California near Mono Lake named Bodie. Cool place...
that's damn near six hours away from me. I think the next one I'm going to go to will be Nelson. That's like an hour away at best.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nel...ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=li

Nelson looks nice, but Bodie is undeveloped like that, and is in fact held in suspended animation, long deserted, but protected by the state.

Bodie State Historic Park, Bodie SHP, Bodie State Park - Bodie.com

I did not.

I could see maybe cropping it, but I don't like to crop my pix too much. I don't think there's enough contrast for it to work in b&w

3DSC_1912.jpg

You could try using some extra red in the black and white colour mix. I tried it out with silver efex using a red filter and the amount of contrast increased dramatically. Especially if you leave it uncropped fpr the darker blue sky

Most reactions

Back