Whahappen?

Tahoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not a photographer. I borrowed a friends Nikon D3300 and spent a day taking pictures. All the pictures came out like this one. All photos were saved as .jpg.

What happened here, and can this effect be undone?

http://i.imgur.com/OmBIkLK.jpg

Thanks

OmBIkLK.jpg

Do you know what the settings were?

Looks very cool in an artsy sort of way, and yet at the same time, it makes me think that the camera's sensor or electronics have been damaged in some way. And I am pretty much sure that there's no way to make this type of image look "realistic" in any meaningful way. Years ago, there was a guy who had a Nikon CoolPix 990 or 950 that got damaged, and it made pictures a LOT like the one you show, and it was so,so cool!

do they all look exactly alike?

It looks a bit like the red channel was missing - only green and blue - Like Derrel said, a bad circuit in the camera.

For your next outing be aware that you can see what your camera captured by viewing the image on the camera's screen. You should have discovered the problem on the first exposure and returned the camera to default settings. No, you can't fix the images because you didn't make a raw image at the same time as the jpg. The raw file isn't affected by whatever settings messed up your images.

The camera is not damaged, it just had some type of effect turned on. It has since been reset, and is taking good photos. I was just hoping to learn if there was a way to remove the filter and recover the bad shots.

Thanks.

Always shoot in RAW, this way no effect will be on, you can always shoot RAW+JPEG if you want to have both formats

Most reactions

New Topics

Back