What am i doing wrong??

flyfisher117

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what am i doing wrong with these fish photos???? i cant get them to turn out worth anything :grumpy: and also note they have been uploaded to photobucket so they look ever worse. :grumpy:

taylor001.jpg

taylor002.jpg

taylor004.jpg
http://cabelas.=cat604905&masterpat...parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

They look fine to me. Remember you're going through thick glass.

Do not use Auto Focus.
Your camera will have difficulties going through the Glass and the Water.

Looks like your shooting with built in flash.
That kind of light is not very flattering.

Here are my attempts ... mostly without a Flash ... using manual focus, camera on tripod.
http://www.oyamaphotography.com/aquarium/aquarium.htm

I'd use autofocus, set it to Macro mode (look for the little flower or consult your manual). Turn your flash off and use what light you have in the room.

ok so Macro, with natural light (so lights in the tank and from the room?) and whats better manual or auto focus?

Macro is very handy ... I didn't have my 50mm Macro at the time I took those shots.

I shot my aquarium shots in manual focus ... my AF was hunting too much.
Most of the light came from my 65W Coralife bulbs ... sometimes I did add additional frontal/side light from a lamp ... or attempted off camera flash.

... hmm, now that you made me look at my Aquarium images again ... I really should redo them ... nahhh, too lazy ... and it also means I would have to clean the tanks.

Use autofocus if your camera is locking onto the fish EXCEPT if your autofocus is locking onto the outside glass of your fish tank, in which of course switch to manual focus.

What kind of camera are you using?

dust the wood part too. :p

If you're admitting your tanks aren't that clean though, really, you're not gonna get the best pic, you're ultra zooming on grime. :meh:

Use autofocus if your camera is locking onto the fish EXCEPT if your autofocus is locking onto the outside glass of your fish tank, in which of course switch to manual focus.

What kind of camera are you using?

right now my new canon powershot sx120is its a point and shoot but for a point and shoot its got all of the functions that everyone has mentioned and it also has an aquarium function programmed in. and its got suprisngly decent photos for its price.

wonce i get back to my own home i want to experiment with my dads canon rebel xti

dust the wood part too. :p

If you're admitting your tanks aren't that clean though, really, you're not gonna get the best pic, you're ultra zooming on grime. :meh:

lol i would but im at my cousins and they are his fish but hes away for today and im bored so im experimenting with the new camera

Most reactions

New Topics

Back