What am I forgetting?

rub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I make lists. Lots of them. I make lists about what I need to add to other lists. Its a bit OCD at times, but thats what I do. I'm always afraid of forgetting something.

Tomorrow is a big day of firsts. First wedding of the season. First wedding since starting my business (I have done others for friends, etc.) First time I actually have 2 weddings in one day.

And I am finalizing my list.

D80 x 2
10-20
50 1.4
37-70 2.8
85 1.8
18-135
SB800
Various filters

Minolta film camera and about 8 rolls of film (just for fun, or just incase)

8 AA and 2 camera batteries
Battery chargers

6x 4gb memory cards
3x 2gb memory cards

Tripod
Reflector
Lightweight blanket
Umbrella
Lightstand with umbrella
Camera manual
Flash Manual
Cleaning cloth x 2 and spray

Water
Energy bars
Extra strength tylenol
2 pairs of good shoes
Makeup bag
Bandaids
Breathmints
Sewing Kit
Duct tape
Double sticky tape
Safety pins
Bobby pins

Pen and paper
Copy of contract
Cell phone
Directions
Contact information
Business cards

Patience
Loud voice for organizing people
Creativity
Love of my job

What am I forgetting?

Thanks.

Last edited:
HAHA - good call. Lots of this stuff will be in my truck - close if I need it.

Sherpa indeed.

Sure you've got enough memory for two weddings? 30GBs seems a little...little, to me. But what do I know; I don't shoot weddings.

Oh, do you have an emergency kit for the vehicle? Would hate to have something break on you and then have no way of fixing the problem (like say, a flat tire).

I am only doing 5 hours of coverage. So thats enough for a shot every 6 seconds. I better be okay!

Yes, I have a spare, some basic understanding of my truck, and a husband ;)

Swap out the duct tape for gaffers tape when you get a chance. Gaffers tape doesn't leave a residue when removed.

I don't see backups for the D80 and speedlight.

Swap out the duct tape for gaffers tape when you get a chance. Gaffers tape doesn't leave a residue when removed.

I don't see backups for the D80 and speedlight.

She's using 2 d80's. She put D80 x 2

Kristal:

As a fellow OCDer, I'm with you on the lists about lists thing.

The most important thing, which I tell my kids every time we leave the house: make sure you go potty before you leave.

Good luck.

I hope it all went well for you...you seem well prepared.

I'd also add to that list; spare set of clothes/shoes. I often forget and luckily it hasn't bitten me in the ass yet.
Usually, the worst part is that I can get quite sweaty while shooting in a hot church and then formals outside in the sun...then I feel like I need a shower while shooting the reception for the rest of the night. Having something to change into, can really help

Thanks everyone. Im making it all into a checklist that I can use for each wedding, so feel free to add more things if they come to mind!

The day went well, although it was 100 degrees outside, and no shade for the photos so shadows were an issue.

Hope to post a few later today.

Thanks again.

Most reactions

Back