what are the chances the D300 gets replaced in the near future?

Golfer_Cody

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What are the chances? I dont want to by a camera then have it be replaced within the next few months. Id rather wait and get the new one.

Chances of the camera getting replaced soon are extremely slim.

Chances of the camera getting replaced with a feature that is mission-critical, virtually nil.

Chances of the marketing people telling you that you can't live without it... 100%

Come to think of it, my first dSLR was the Canon D60, which I bought in the fall of 2002 just before my first kid was born. There's virtually no shot that I've taken with a dSLR since then that I couldn't have taken with that camera, too.

Both of the above posts are true....

Don't worry about the money your spending on the D300.... it will last a long time.... it won't be obsolete for at least another 8 months.... thats what the sales reps will have you believe...

yeah, true, and i see so many people here that can take good pictures with anything and like the first post there wont be a feature i cant live without.

one other thing, what do you think about the d80 package to learn on then when they do release the newer model say the d700 get that?

The D80 is much better. You will have full functionality with all of Nikons AF lenses. With the D60 you are stuck with AF-S/AF-I lenses for auto focusing. With prime lenses you will have to focus manually, which is a pain with Dslr focusing screens.

I give it a year to a year and a half tops. How long did it take the D200 to be replaced. Really though would you buy any technology if you always waited on the next big thing to come out?. The D300 is an excellent camera and along with the D3 it is the newest thing Nikon has out at the moment so I wouldnt worry too much.

Refer here since we are back to your D80/D300/whatever question...

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126932

Just because it's brand new doesn't mean it's going to perform any better. A baby can't outrun an adult... bad metaphor. But I hope you understand. The D300 is a fine camera. So is the D80. The camera doesn't matter too much when you're at a certain level in photography. Just get the D80 for pete's sake.

if the D700 did replace the 300, that would be great. Then I could get the 300 I want at a discount! :)

Just buy a camera and shoot. It doesnt matter what kind. A good photographer can sell prints made with a 3 dollar disposable camera.

Most reactions

Back