What are you reading?

Another Lee Child, Jack Reacher novel, "Midnight Line".

Received the entire Harry Potter series as a Christmas present. Currently on book 5.

The first couple books were nice and short. The third was like, hey, I’m getting a little more involved and serious. Then the fourth book was like, hahaha, too bad sucker, you’re too far in to stop now, here’s a gazillion pages and good luck with the rest of the series.

Ok, I’m only half kidding. I think the fourth has been my favorite so far. We’ll see if it stays that way after 5, 6, and 7.

As anyone said the owners manual recently?!?

I mean it.

Read it.

Before asking questions that are answered within.

'Cmon, I'm waiting.
I just ordered a manual that I didn't have. I will probably read it word-for-word, as is my custom.

As anyone said the owners manual recently?!?

I mean it.

Read it.

Before asking questions that are answered within.

'Cmon, I'm waiting.
Spotted this a few years ago:

49598513032_a7af3ff9fa_z.jpg

"The Family Corleone" - Ed Falco

Not a good book in the least, I'm reading it at bedtime, and it is putting me to sleep fast.

A lot of e books the colour of magic was the last

Titus Groan, by Mervyn Peake. Totally having fun with it! :icon_thumbsup:

In a few reviews I've read, as the first of a series of so-called "Gormenghast novels," this one is considered the best. Maybe that's true, or maybe it's because the reader has no idea what he's getting into with the first one, so it carries the element of the unknown, with introduction to characters and style, which can't exist in subsequent books. Right now, I'm just having fun. .

What writing! I feel the need to have stormy skies outside, while I sit inside by the fire wrapped in a blanket to keep down goosebumps, while I read. From the very first page, describing the tower of the castle of Gormenghast:

“This tower, patched unevenly with black ivy, arose like a mutilated finger from among the fists of knuckled masonry and pointed blasphemously at heaven."

Well, alrighty then.

Later, this, on describing a reaction from an unsavory character:

"His face remained like a mask, but deep down in his stomach, he grinned." :eek:

Yeah. It's like that.

The Oath by John Lescroart

I MAY have posted a book and author on here in 2015 about Rossevelt and CCC programs during depression.
I can't remember author and there are TOO many books to just look up randomly.
Is there a way to see my posts from 2015 on here?

I tried paging back, but it would take forever at 2 pgs at a time..
Thanks.

"The Millionaires" by Brad Meltzer

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Started the series in very late December, since I received the entire series as a gift for Christmas.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Started the series in very late December, since I received the entire series as a gift for Christmas.
We had started the Potter books when our kids were young enough to be read to. By Goblet of Fire they were each reading on their own and the books would pass from me to older son to younger son. Kim would be last as she would have the least time to read and we didn't want to be held up.

Right now I'm reading on the Kindle a sci-fi classic, Galactic Patrol by E.E. "Doc" Smith. It had started in 1937 as a serial in the magazine Astounding Science Fiction that had been edited by John Campbell. It was compiled into book form around 1940.

Doc Smith was a strong influence on the sci-fi genre. Heinlein, Asimov and Clarke are among those crediting him as influencing their thoughts and writing. I can see why now that I'm about 50% through the story!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back